Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

by AwesomeFireman

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

@Zsirafmaki wrote:

I think i found some workaround for my issue, i forced the game (in the nvidia control panel ) to use my gtx1050 not my onboard intel card...  and wow, the game just work at max settings without any problem Standard smile

Is it in online mode?

Message 51 of 446 (5,790 Views)

★★★ Novice

yep online with origin overlay enabled, max settings (lenovo y520 laptop )

Message 52 of 446 (5,839 Views)

★★ Apprentice

that only works with laptops and not with desktops since on a desktop you dont have that option on the control panel.

Message 53 of 446 (6,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Zsirafmaki wrote:

I think i found some workaround for my issue, i forced the game (in the nvidia control panel ) to use my gtx1050 not my onboard intel card...  and wow, the game just work at max settings without any problem Standard smile

I did that before starting up the game ( I have an HP Notebook 15-ay049nv). While yes it did work in online mode, the game would crash when I tried to access the settings tab in the pause menu or when finishing an event. Not even forcing the lowest of settings fix the crashes on these situations unless I grab a copy of the dll file I mentioned on page 2 from the Windows SDK and put it on the game's folder.

Message 54 of 446 (6,028 Views)

Message 55 of 446 (6,014 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Message 56 of 446 (6,006 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

But it don't solve the problem in my case. I by default have My GTX 1080 TI on both options.

Message 57 of 446 (6,002 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Here is my DxDiag as I struggle with this issue too

Message 58 of 446 (5,980 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have over 1600 games on Steam and over 30 games on Origin and this never ever happened to me before, its definitely an issue with the game and not our PCs or the VC software.

The devs should get up and start finding the root cause of the issue

Message 59 of 446 (5,950 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried this fix. Tried Offline mode. Tried verify game files. Tried reinstalling dependencies. Tried assigning GPU (I only have one). Tried rebooting. Tried some of these more than once. Crashes in the same place every time. 'What happens next is completely up to you' , DMV letters appear on screen then game CTD.

It is possible to get in-game without crashing by using the Party mode but exiting to the menu and entering Paradise city causes the crash again.

Message 60 of 446 (5,933 Views)