Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on DMV Screen

by Xenopotamus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on DMV Screen

★★ Novice

Hello, Whenever i play Burnout Paradise Remastered on PC through Steam or Origin it crashes at the exact same spot every time which is after the incredibly long non skippable intro where it shows the DMV logo with the car above it, without fail every time. ive tried compatibility mode, Turning off all in game overlays(Steam,Discord,Origin) i do not have a webcam installed or even plugged in, have tried all "Fixes" i have seen on the internet. If someone can tell me if there is anything i may be missing?

Message 1 of 8 (3,586 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
@Heartstock Figured out the issue, i had FaceRig Virtual Camera active even though i do not have a webcam installed and as soon as i disabled it and started the game it is letting me play and is working correctly.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (3,529 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@Heartstock Figured out the issue, i had FaceRig Virtual Camera active even though i do not have a webcam installed and as soon as i disabled it and started the game it is letting me play and is working correctly.
Message 2 of 8 (3,530 Views)

Community Manager

@Heartstock 

Thanks for coming back to let us know what your issue was, we appreciate that.

barry.png
Message 3 of 8 (3,501 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Crashes on my PC as well despite getting silky smooth 60fps+. It is related to the integrated webcam on my Alienware Area-51m. If I disable the webcam, the game plays fine. If I enable the webcam, unfortunately the game crashes whenever hitting the first DMV screen, or going into the game menus or after completing a race... when the game attempts to access the webcam. There is no known workaround for this issue other than disabling the webcam... which is not acceptable, especially in an age when people are using webcams every day! Do you think this issue can be looked into @EA_Barry  Thanks!!! I really want to replay this game without issues!

Message 4 of 8 (3,413 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Heartstock The same thing also happens to me after I take the photo the game returns to the desktop
Message 5 of 8 (2,824 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry The same thing also happens to me after I take the photo the game returns to the desktop
Message 6 of 8 (2,823 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine doesn't even boot, I have also tried every fix and have a webcam attached to my laptop and can not be uninstalled

Message 7 of 8 (2,758 Views)

★★ Novice

hiw do i fix it i have facerig installed how do i fix it

Message 8 of 8 (505 Views)