Burnout Paradise Remastered (Origin PC) crashing on first loading screen

by tsienlin

Original Post

Burnout Paradise Remastered (Origin PC) crashing on first loading screen

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I just purchased the game a few days ago and cannot get it to run.

I did a lot of testing, and found that the only way to get past the first loading screen is to not use my Xbox controllers.

I have a Xbox One controller that has Bluetooth, and a Xbox Elite 1 controller. If the controllers are turned on, the game crashes on the first loading screen. If the controllers are off, I can get past the first loading screen and play the game. If I turn on the controllers in the middle of the game (or loading screen), it crashes back to the desktop.

I've tried everything I've read. Fresh install of Win10, no usb devices other than mouse, keyboard, and Bluetooth adapter / Xbox Elite wireless adapter. I've also tried the Xbox One controller with a micro usb cable -it also crashes if I have it plugged in, or plug it in the middle of the game.

Can anyone help? I've attached my dxdiag.txt. Thank you!

Message 1 of 11 (2,218 Views)

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered (Origin PC) crashing on first loading screen

Community Manager

@tsienlin 

Check the following for info on connecting your controller to your PC, you may need to update your controller too: 

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-xbox-wireless-controller-to-...

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 11 (2,176 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Barry,

Yes I did update my controllers and used those instructions to add my Xbox controller. I can use my controller for other games. It just doesn't work for this game. Any other ideas? Thank you

Message 3 of 11 (2,162 Views)

★ Novice

Blocked by the same issue. In my case, I don't have any wireless controllers.

(Also, in trying to address this, the EA tech support chat window never opens, in multiple browsers.)

I'm paying money for this? First EA Play game I've ever tried.

Message 4 of 11 (2,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@strotlog99 

Post your DxDiag,txt so we can help you.

Message 5 of 11 (2,108 Views)

★ Novice

See attached DxDiag.txt.

The application crash needs to be fixed by Critereon developers, though. Therefore I've attached one of many crash dump files from my %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps folder.

Finally, I found I could disable my network adapter and exit EA Play right after launching the game (the timing is tight since EA Play doesn't seem to work offline?), and I often bypass the crash getting to play single player mode this way. The game needs to not be crashing please.

Message 6 of 11 (2,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@strotlog99 

Your CPU does not meat the minimum requirements. Your CPU is running at 2.40 GHz and the minimum required is 3.40 GHz.

Left click on your Windows start button and type "advance system settings" then press enter. From the pop up dialog box select "settings" under Performance, then choose "Adjust for best performance" from the next dialog box then select "Apply", allow your computer the time to make the adjustments then close all windows and test by starting your game normally. This may work no promises. Let us know how it goes.

Message 7 of 11 (2,088 Views)

★ Novice

Quote:

"Your CPU does not meat the minimum requirements. Your CPU is running at 2.40 GHz and the minimum required is 3.40 GHz."

The CPU is fine. The minimum is not a GHz number. That's because GHz doesn't make for a good CPU comparison. Rather, the minimum system requirement indicates a 10-year-old CPU, one that happens to be 3.4 GHz and happens to be significantly slower than what I'm using. This is the case even if we compare only single-thread performance (direct comparison). Additionally, mine has more cores, has more capabilities, and is several years newer. So it's not the CPU.

Again, this crash needs to be addressed by developers. EA, are you listening?

Message 8 of 11 (2,061 Views)

★★ Novice

Hop on over to this thread guys: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Burnout-Games/burnout-paradise-crashing-on-launch/m-p/11206024#M4083

Having the exact same issue, it's not a computer or user error. I have top notch specs on my PC and the game suddenly started crashing for the past month or so.

Message 9 of 11 (1,153 Views)

Message 10 of 11 (277 Views)