Burnout Paradise Remastered - Origin PC - Discount??

by Phendrena

Original Post

Burnout Paradise Remastered - Origin PC - Discount??

★ Novice

I've owned Burnout Paradise for years.

Origin suggests there is a discount on the remastered version available for Burnout Paradise veterans, how does one get this discount?

Cheers,

Message 1 of 10 (1,651 Views)

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered - Origin PC - Discount??

★★ Novice
I got my discount in the "my home" page, so I just need to pay 5 USD for the game.
Message 2 of 10 (1,624 Views)

Community Manager

@a23845525@Phendrena

You need to click the "Save Now" offer on the My Home section of the Origin Client to avail of the available discount.

Thank you.

barry.png
Message 3 of 10 (1,614 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Barryand if we didn't see this option before buying two copies (one for me and on for my wife's account - both owners of the original), can we request a refund of the price difference? Tried going through customer service, but there don't seem to be any game experts online at the moment.

Flynn

Message 4 of 10 (1,587 Views)

Community Manager

@Flynn_Arrowstarr

If you meet the criteria regarding how long you have played/owned the game etc. then you will be able to refund and repurchase.

Refund info: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 5 of 10 (1,568 Views)

★ Apprentice

I dealt with customer service in chat last night. Have owned the game since it came out 2008. I meet all terms and conditions for the discount on the product page. My code showed as already being redeemed, customer service did something in trying to help with the situation, so it now shows as invalid, EA said they refused to allow me because my code is on Steam, remember Origin didn't even exist in 2008. I let them know that I have transferred well over a dozen titles of EA games with no issue and the two times it was I contacted customer service and quickly got it resolve. Now they reuse to help because I bought it on Steam, Origin didn't even exist when I got this game, like many of the others I already transferred. Sounds like false advertising to me! They make no claim in any of their writing it has to be Origin version only PC! They even sent me an email with the offer but refuse allow me to buy the remaster at 75% off! Double dipping and not honoring your own word doesn't make customers happy, I am very much thinking of not getting Battlefield V over this now. I have plenty of other games from other companies I can play. Ones that didn't even charge existing owners for their remasters. I wasn't even complaining about the price, I just wanted the discount I clearly qualified for and EA denied. They even clearly found my code in their database but refuse to honor it. I asked the guy for a Supervisor Name and Phone Number and he said one can call you. I told him okay call me he then said they can't do that and just exited chat. I saved the transcript if anyone at EA wants to see it.

So EA_Barry I may revise my current opinion on this situation if you can fix this or get this to someone who can?

PLAY TODAY

Then these are the terms and conditions from the product page:

THIS OFFER IS BEING ISSUED TO YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT HAVE A CASH VALUE. ELIGIBILITY FOR OFFER IS RESTRICTED TO CUSTOMERS WHO ALREADY OWN THE ORIGINAL BURNOUT PARADISE GAME INITIALLY LAUNCHED IN 2008 AND CONNECTED TO MULTIPLAYER SERVERS WITH AN EA ACCOUNT. OFFER EXPIRES SEPTEMBER 21, 2018.

---------------------------

I sure don't see where any of that makes it exclusive to Orgin, how could it be?  I think we have a situation where either the system isn't doing what it should on the EA side or the employees don't or won't try to figure it out. This equals lousy customer service!

Message 6 of 10 (1,557 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I actually tried the same you did (using product key) and no discount was available. However, as I own the game since 2009, i used an EA account by the time, and then when Origin arrived, i forgot about the first account and got another. As far as I remember, I might have logged in the game with both accounts.
The point is, with my "original" EA account (the one I played burnout paradise with), there is no possibility to get the discount. However, with the Origin account, this morning the discount appeared on my Origin homepage (and it worked, by the way Standard smile )

I guess you should "go for it" on your homepage if available, even if the game is not listed in your library (due to some poor interaction between EA and Steam, I guess). And if not, you might be able to show EA the reciept of your original purchase back then (Steam remembers...)

Good luck anyway !

Message 7 of 10 (1,504 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would like to share my experience.
I have the original game on steam since 2013, as a result I did not have the discount on origin.
I tried to paste the product code on origin and after having recognized it initially, he obviously told me that it had already been used.
Later I contacted the assistance but the latter has confirmed to me that I could not receive the discount, not having the title on origin.
And here the beautiful thing has arrived.
On origin, in my home, the news of 75% discount on paradise remastered appeared below. I clicked on "save now" and charged me € 4.97 with paypal. xD
Perfect, I do not know what happened but I hope it happens to you too.
Sorry for my English.

Message 8 of 10 (1,481 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry Thank you, I was having the same problem and this helped me. 

Message 9 of 10 (1,448 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am glad that we the users apparently do have a voice. Based on what I read bellow of another now having the discount on their homepage, I checked mine now this morning and am glad to say I was able to buy the game at the promised discount!  Thanks to the EA person who saw my plea and fixed this obviously incorrect situation. My experience in the past has always been great with EA support, my chat the other night was flay out unacceptable. I am glad that in the end EA has found a way to fix things, my only regret is that they could have personally contacted me about the resolution of this issue. At least it is solved, hopefully now not only for myself but countless others. Thanks to all with the shared experience who helped push this issue to a reasonable end.

Message 10 of 10 (1,401 Views)