Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Bug : Pc version, music stuck with low pass filt

by Pea_Casey

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Burnout Paradise Remastered Bug : Pc version, music stuck with low pass filter

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I have an issue with the music in game.

You know that effect that happens when you crash and the music has a low pass filter applied, well, the music sometimes gets stuck with that effect.

If I visit the Scrap Yard the music returns to normal again.

Please watch the following video. Notice at the end when I visit the Scarp Yard, music returns to normal.

I love the game btw.

Message 1 of 6 (2,934 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Bug : Pc version, music stuck with low pass filt

★★ Apprentice

hey @fluidz 
This is normal for certain vehicles in the game. 
I Just double checked in the original game ( since i still cannot get the remaster to work >_>) and it sounds like this using the Krieger Pioneer (same car in your video) .

So yeah.. no issues in this regard. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (3,005 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Your system setup ? Hardware,operating system, driver  ?

Message 2 of 6 (2,923 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

System :

Cpu : i7 4770k
Motherboard : Gigabyte g1 sniper z87
Memory : 16gb ddr3 1866mhz
Sound card : Chord Mojo usb sound card (latest driver, windows 10 default)
Graphics : Geforce 1080ti @ stock (driver 398.98)
Windows 10 1803 (all up to date)

Direct x up to date.

Sound playback for my sound card, Chord Mojo, is set to default windows 10 values, which is 48Khz 24bit (studio quality)

The issue isnt there from the start, I think it happened after a crash.  I only noticed after a while of playing.

I have not run into this issue or any other issues with sound in other games, and i play quite a lot of pc games.

I have yet to reproduce it, so if it happens again I'll update the thread.

Message 3 of 6 (2,916 Views)

★★ Apprentice

hey @fluidz 
This is normal for certain vehicles in the game. 
I Just double checked in the original game ( since i still cannot get the remaster to work >_>) and it sounds like this using the Krieger Pioneer (same car in your video) .

So yeah.. no issues in this regard. 

Message 4 of 6 (3,006 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

That car does indeed cause the music to have a low pass filter. I wonder why.  At least I know its not a problem my end.

Thanks ever so much.

Message 5 of 6 (2,876 Views)

★★★ Novice
They added this "feature" in one of the updates in the original game only for the pioneer, to mimic the muffled sound you hear from people in SUVs that listen to their music way too loud. It's only for that car and only in the 3rd person view, if you switch to the bumper cam it'll be normal.

It's really annoying and the reason I never use that car... In the original paradise it would not apply the effect when the car is gold or platinum, so you could try that if you wanna use it without the effect.
Message 6 of 6 (2,850 Views)