Re: Burnout Paradise - No Login Prompt (Switch)

by leveron76

Original Post

Burnout Paradise - No Login Prompt (Switch)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've been trying to create an EA account to play freeburn online with friends in Burnout Paradise on the switch; however, where my friends usually were prompted to sign into/create an EA account, I'm simply met with the screen saying I can't connect to EA servers.

My wifi connection is fine, and other games seem to be working for me, so if anyone could tell me how to resolve this issue, that would be great. Thanks!

Message 1 of 16 (10,907 Views)

Community Manager

@tyroniumx Hey, thanks for the post and the details give.  Just to confirm, does the Switch account you're playing on have an active online subscription/shared family subscription?

If you're not being prompted to create an account it sounds like one may be linked already, have you played any EA games on this Switch before? If so, do these games still work ok?

Also, do you have other online-enabled accounts set up on that Switch? If so, can you check if any of them encounter the same issue?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 16 (10,791 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the reply, 

The online subscription is still active, and not part of a family plan. This is the only EA game I have on this switch. So far other games network features seem to be working for me. 

I've attached a picture of the screen that fails to appear after the "connecting to paradise city servers" screen. 

Message 3 of 16 (10,773 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you.

Can you try a cache clear and see if that has any impact?

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/Storage/Restoring-Factory-Settings/Clearing-the-c...

If this has no impact, did you get a login prompt at any point in the past and if you were, was it on this posting account? Are you willing to share your Switch account name and I can see if it's attached to an EA account. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 16 (10,740 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks, I attempted a cache clear, but no luck.

The closest thing to a login prompt was to allow my nintendo account to connect with EA, but was never prompted to give an email or password. 

The switch account used is Lunacat.

Thanks again

Message 5 of 16 (10,719 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you. 

If you try creating/logging into the switch with another account, can that one get past the login screen?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 16 (10,694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also recently bought Burnout paradise for Nintendo Switch and have had no luck connecting to the EA server. Attached is an image of the only screen that would pop up when trying to connect to server. I have tried to clear the cache, delete and reinstall game aswell as deleted the save data and still nothing. The only thing that would change is that the game asked for permissions and once that was approved it still had the same result of not linking or asking me for email/password for EA to connect. Any suggestions/solutions?

Message 7 of 16 (10,525 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having this same issue. I've deleted my save data, cleared my cache and redownloaded the game but I have never been prompted to log-in to with my EA account. 

Message 8 of 16 (10,286 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue , bought two copies of the game one for me one for my son for his birthday so we could play together . 

Mine started up and asked me to link to ea account and it worked normally , my son's however never even offered the link ! And instead went straight to the signing into ea servers screen which then failed .

We both have our own switches with their own separate single Nintendo accounts , I have tried clearing his catche and erasing game but it is the same I've even tried erasing his game then putting my copy on his switch but nothing works it still never asks for an ea account ?

Message 9 of 16 (9,883 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue with my son's switch

bought the game to play with friends but despite having an active switch online account which works with Minecraft online we get the server unavailable message.

Can some one from EA please help its customers with this issue

Message 10 of 16 (9,806 Views)