Re: Burnout 3 is better than Burnout Paradise!

by darkarena17

Original Post

Burnout 3 is better than Burnout Paradise!

★★ Novice
Who agrees? Burnout 3 should get a remaster or backwards compatible since they thought burnout paradise deserved a remaster. Dont get me wrong im glad they remastered it but burnout 3 was the best burnout game ever!
Message 1 of 6 (1,005 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If EA did SSX 3 and Burnout 3 on a remaster. I would be a happy man. SSX 3 recently got the Xbox one X treatment. But still...

Message 2 of 6 (967 Views)

★★★ Novice

@darkarena17wrote:
Who agrees?

I definitely do NOT agree at all. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed all the Burnout games, including Burnout 3. But none of them have the kind of staying power of Burnout Paradise. As much as I enjoyed B3, it is a limiting, linear track racer, with very little ability to do any kind of free roaming. Not to mention that everything good that B3 does, Paradise improved upon. I will grant that Crash mode was incredibly ingenious in the game. But with Showtime in Paradise, I don't miss it at all. Takedowns and Road Rage are also ahead of its time for the PS2, but once again, Paradise really improves on this.

I know that there is a small group of Burnout fans calling out for a remastered B3, but I honestly don't think the market is there for it. I might consider buying some Remastered version of B3 if it was like $5.00 or something, but you really think that EA is going to sanction Criterion to Remaster a 14 year old game to satisfy a very small cult following? At least with Paradise, which is also somewhat cultish (lol me included) it has a mass appeal. It is a free roam, high end, really well done sandbox with so much awesome stuff to do.

I just don't see B3 as being a candidate for remastering. Sounds like e very poor business decision that would appeal to so few people it wouldn't even pay for itself, much less make a profit for EA or Criterion.

Message 3 of 6 (939 Views)

★★★ Newbie
خیلی خوب بود
http://www.e-gol.ir
Message 4 of 6 (911 Views)

★★ Novice
Well as long as they make it backward compatible i will be happy
Message 5 of 6 (904 Views)

★★ Novice

I loved Burnout 3 as a teen, one of the few games me and my father played together, but Paradise brought so many more additions to the series; three brought takedowns, Paradise brought roaming. It made you feel more in control of the character. Kind of like Need for Speed to me. 

To my knowledge, Three is backwards compatible. I’d play that on my 360 all the time, although they might’ve removed it from the One for now; that’d be weird, since I haven’t heard of any previously compatible game being revoked. 

Message 6 of 6 (679 Views)