Re: Burnout 3 Takedown Remaster

by KludgyOne67095

Original Post

Burnout 3 Takedown Remaster

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So one of my childhood all-time favourite games was the one mentioned in the title, minus the remaster. I found out some time later that the game was available on XBOX 360. In my head, this was great news. This meant I would be able to play online with others. I had been trying to connect my PS2 to the internet, with little progress. So, in 2015, March time to be more exact, I purchased the game.

Happy days, right? Nope...The game is an XBOX classic game, meaning the XBOX guide is disabled. Hopefully I can still use online features within the game...Kiss your dreams goodbye. It seems the game was quickly made available on XBOX, but had no thought put in in terms of updates for online compatibility. I know they stopped development long ago, but they could still make one small update. It can't be that hard to code in an operation that allows for internet connectivity, and maybe change the guide FALSE handle to TRUE so we don't feel shut off while enjoying the game.

I would be delighted if they made it available on Next-Gen consoles like the XBOX ONE, but that seems far-fetched. I hear you can use a PC emulator with the disk on PC...too bad my PC has no CD drive.

Message 1 of 13 (6,932 Views)

Message 2 of 13 (6,883 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
The thing is though, that's the Burnout Paradise Remaster. Burnout 3 never had a freeroam.
Message 3 of 13 (6,869 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@KludgyOne67095 wrote:
The thing is though, that's the Burnout Paradise Remaster. Burnout 3 never had a freeroam.

You couldn't play online with B3? What do you mean?

Message 4 of 13 (6,853 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
There's an option to go online. I clicked it, selected my account, and I just get taken back to the menu page. An obvious reason for this issue could be the fact that EA may no longer have servers to allow for the multiplayer feature.
Message 5 of 13 (6,847 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It was a launch title for the 360 back when EA had the HD games titles for the "new 720p generation". Online for that game has been dead for years, in fact it died rather fast vs other EA games. Even if it still worked, I suspect not many would use it today for you to get games on it.

But either way, it's still better looking then my PS2 version. And it still works. I did finally get all the single player achievements here like a year ago. Does it need a remaster? IMO no... if anything they should look more on Takedown vs this. As this already got a "remaster" of sorts.

Message 6 of 13 (6,797 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I would think the reason for its early demise was the lack of multiplayer game usability since the game had no free-mode to begin with. I guess that could be a reason why Burnout Paradise has had a remaster, other than the fact that it is more recent.
Message 7 of 13 (6,791 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well kids today love the open world. Linear games is so 2006. Tho Takedown is still my #1 Burnout game. Paradise is 2nd.

Message 8 of 13 (6,784 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
True...
Message 9 of 13 (6,769 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Will there  be a backwards compatibility adaptation 

Message 10 of 13 (5,574 Views)