Re: Burnout paradise remastered crashes constantly

by The_X-Stylizer

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@AwedBrotherNot working, still the Game Crashes for no Reason... Now when I select custom freeburn online the crashes, so disable Webcam It didn't help.

I Hope EA will release new Patch or Update for this Game. I already Uninstall this Game until EA release a new Patch for this game.

This game make me, do a Hard Shutdown my Laptop, when the game Crash, it Freezes, I can't minimize it, I can't Alt + F4, and Ctrl + Alt + Del too, so does the Windows not Respond at all, But luckily no BSOD appear.

Please EA, Fix it, I love this game, we all Love Paradise City, don't make us regret to bought this Game.

My Problem even Online or Offline:
1. Game Crashes when I access Pause Screen

2. Game Crashes after completing an Event

3. Game Crashes when access Freeburn Online

4. Game Crashes when starting Crash Mode

5. Sometime Game Crash and back to desktop at first initial Loading (EA Logo)

That's all my Problem for now... i'll let you guys know what else...

Message 11 of 21 (2,432 Views)

★ Novice

I haven't had a problem for a little while, I may know why. When I started the game up for the first time I didn't take a picture for the license because I have my camera disabled. After re-enabling it and taking the license picture, I left the camera on after that and have not had a crash since. However, the game will do some stuttering and have slowdowns after finishing events now sometimes. 

Try turning your cameras on, if they are off. Allow burnout to access it in Windows if denied and if you don't have a license pic yet, take one.

Message 12 of 21 (2,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@THEvesra

Already done that, and taken a picture for License as well... my first play this game is okay. until recently maybe about 2 hours of gameplay the problem happen. trying to disable Webcam and enable it nothing helped. The problem still persist.

I don't think it's because the OS or Laptop, I can run this game perfectly, and so other games like Need For Speed 2015, and Star Wars Battlefront II. Only BPR is a lot of Problem.

ASUS A456UR

OS   : Windows 10 Pro

CPU : Intel Core i5 6200U

RAM : 8GB

GPU : Nvidia GeForce GT 930MX

Message 13 of 21 (2,410 Views)

★ Novice

I just may have been lucky myself, using a Lenovo laptop with a gtx 960m myself. 16gb ram, win 10 ver 1803, GeForce driver very 411.70. I am using the GeForce experience optimized settings for the game as well. Just played and ran a few events and still not crashing anymore. 

Someone mentioned elsewhere I looked before about cables plugged in to your PC effecting the game if there was nothing plugged into them on the other end, or unrecognized add-ons. Check your graphical settings too, just Incase.

Message 14 of 21 (2,401 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem

Message 15 of 21 (2,188 Views)

★★★ Novice

two years and from the looks of it it's still doing crashes after events. i just bought it and i can play just fine as long as i don't do events. but after every event it crashes. i did the following steps and this is my enclosed Directx docs  everything is as it should be so i don't know why it is doing it and i have more then enough room for it to run smoothly to with 35.5 GB free space for it. so idk what is going on. has anyone else after two years been having problems still?

Message 16 of 21 (1,630 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LunaRoseWolfy yes I have. I've tried re-installing, repairing literally everything I can...
- Update game - no effect
- Repair - no effect
- De-install and re-insall game - no effect
- go into offline mode - allows me to get past initial screen and play, but still crashes
- Diasble Webcam and other webcam related devices - still have event crashes
Message 17 of 21 (1,609 Views)

★★★ Novice

hell at least YOUR webcam turns off after every time you finish a event. mine never doesn't. it just stays on. only time it isn't on is when im free driving.

Message 18 of 21 (1,597 Views)

Re: BPR PC crashing after completing events

★★★ Novice

Did this issue ever get fixed? Hate to see such a great game go to waste.

Message 19 of 21 (1,142 Views)

Re: BPR PC crashing after completing events

★★★★ Guide

@THEvesra  and everyone else with this issue...

Listen to what this guy Jay says about Heaven bench marking software changing scenes and what happens to PC's when it does. My theory is that BPR puts near the same stresses on PC's as the bench marking software does...https://youtu.be/AkNEvIWp2fM 

The fix for that would be 1. Stop the over clocking on your PC. 2. Make dam sure your cooling is working correctly. 3. Make sure you have the needed power when it is needed.

Message 20 of 21 (913 Views)