spore wont launch on my macbook

by jeannettemariej

Original Post

spore wont launch on my macbook

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

hello,

i have seen so many posts about people not being able to launch the game Spore on their macbooks, and i have literally done every solution that i could. some o the solutions didn't work because finding SporePreferences was not doable, for example. Can anyone please walk me through how to fix this?customer support couldn't help me do it either, and I have already followed all the sticky links that are posted everywhere. trust me.

help!!

Message 1 of 4 (657 Views)

Re: spore wont launch on my macbook

Hi @jeannettemariej 

The Spore Preference folder is not there until the game has opened.

If you cannot start the game, you do not have it.

/Users/YOUR_USER/Library/Preferences/Spore Preferences/p_drive/User/Application Data/Spore

Unfortunately, this game is no longer updated, so it is difficult to run on the new metal machines.

It runs well under Yosemite, El Capitan and Sierra. Anything newer will hardly work!

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 4 (627 Views)

★★★ Novice

Try running the game through cider_noui. Go to spore in your applications folder.  Right click it, and a menu will pop up. Click Show Package Contents. Next, open the folder called Mac OS and click cider_noui to run it. It worked for me!! Hopw your game works.

Message 3 of 4 (476 Views)

★★★ Novice
P.S I am running it on a 2019 Mojave. So it can work on newer models.
Message 4 of 4 (473 Views)