Re: spore crashing when dying creature stage

by foodandart

Original Post

Accepted Solution

spore crashing when dying creature stage

★★★ Newbie

I've had issues with this damn game before but this is getting a bit ridiculous every time i die in the creature phase the game crashes. I don't save very often so i usually get pushed right back at the beginning, i'm getting sick of this. Please help im not good with files and crap like that so id prefer to have a simple solution (Steam version) 

Message 1 of 10 (13,799 Views)

Accepted Solution

@vastcarter12  Hi,

please jump into this topic

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/...

There are instructions on how to clear the in-game cache and how to expand the in-game graphics in Spore

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (13,740 Views)

All Replies

@vastcarter12  Hi,

please jump into this topic

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/...

There are instructions on how to clear the in-game cache and how to expand the in-game graphics in Spore

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

———-
Message 2 of 10 (13,741 Views)

★ Novice
@Freggi-Liz

I am having the same issue as vastcarter12 with Spore.

Can't get far in the creature stage as every time I get killed, I get the system crash with an R6025 - pure virtual function call error - which I know is the Microsoft C++ library problem..

It is a bit trickier to repair as I am using OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) - AND using the original DVD. (I followed your excellent install instructions, and set the flowbackbuffer in the Cider pane, and it starts just fine -Thank you! - but crashes when my little creature is killed.)

I have deleted the game, in case the save file is corrupted and started a new planet and this is still happening.

Have deleted the Transgaming cache files as well. Reinstalled the full game once already.

I do not have the ability to get the patch to 5.1 (Get Info on Spore.app shows version as 4.00.0000.2756) as my game was used first by a relative who 'borrowed' my DVD and logged the serial number in and never told me - I have never been able to get it online because of that. (we stopped talking to each other a long time ago)

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Deb. Standard smile
Message 3 of 10 (13,633 Views)

[ Edited ]

@foodandart  Hi Deb Standard smile

The problem is. You will only receive the Spore Patch 5.1 from Origin. If you register your game and play it as a Digital Download

http://www.spore.com/patch

Contact a game advisor

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/using-ea-help/

I know the whole thing arefrustrating. Unfortunately there is no other idea or fix . Thanks for your great praise, I greatly appreciate that Standard smile

———-
Message 4 of 10 (13,600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So basically if you're playing on EA play you're boned....this sucks. EA makes great games and extremely poor decisions when it comes to implementing them into a marketplace. Cant play online, cant use origin, cant mod. This might as well be a demo.

Message 5 of 10 (12,735 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wait. I dont think a patch is needed at all. Just increase you're VRAM to the specified level in the settings. Set priority to high and turn off CPU affinity for core 0. This should fix the issue on modern PCs. If you are running a system from the same era as the game this wont work and you may need the patch. I used process lasso to permanently set the program to these settings and everything is fine now.

Message 6 of 10 (12,704 Views)

★★ Novice

yeah me too along with the login failing its a couple of bugs that EA told me they have to fix

Message 7 of 10 (10,235 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

How??? I literally know nothing about any of this and I can't find how to do what you just said anywhere. I found game cache settings or something like that. Which I think is what VRAM is... But I could not find anything else you talked about.

Message 8 of 10 (8,240 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Im a little late but what is process lasso. I know how to increase priority for games through the task manager, Ive been doing it that way for years but it never saves the settings. Is there another way to do it that makes it so I don't have to manually do it every time I open the game?

Message 9 of 10 (7,936 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the help. But I don't know where is the VRAM. I just adjusted the settings to high.

Message 10 of 10 (5,826 Views)