Betreff: creepy and cute installed but not showing up

by RXDimA

Original Post

Accepted Solution

creepy and cute installed but not showing up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

i have spore, spore: creepy and cute, and spore: galactic adventures and they are all installed- but Creepy and Cute will not show in-game. 

i have :

• reinstalled all games
  • reinstalled origin
  • run as administrator
  • cleared cache
  • checked the files to see that the folder for it is there and has contents (it does)

i have looked at every solution on here but none has applied fully to my situation or they havent worked!

Message 1 of 12 (7,826 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice

thanks, i went through many support chats and none of the solutions worked until i tried something myself that i think was the solution:

after uninstalling/reinstalling Origin, i uninstalled Spore. When i went to reinstall it- i told it NOT to install C&C with it. after that i went to C&C and installed it after Spore installed. not sure what it was, but doing that fixed the issue. Mustve been skipping over something when it installed together

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (7,788 Views)

All Replies

Hi @MorrysIllusion

Do you play with the Origin client or with a physical version?
Check if the spore folder and its contents under C / Program files X86 / Origin "OriginGames" are not called Anonymous

https://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/30/12667.page

/Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 2 of 12 (7,783 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
i play the game through Origin now- i have it on disc but was not able to use the codes through Origin for them. I went to support and they made them visible/added the downloads to my account

i went to /program files x86/origin but im not sure if you are asking me to find a folder called "OriginGames"? regardless, i do not see any folder called "anonymous"
Message 3 of 12 (7,771 Views)

Ok, if you do not see this folder, then should game be installed! Navigate to Origin, right-click on the spore cover and say "Repair Game".
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/

Make sure that Origin turned OFF in Game, take a look under Origin Settings

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

———-
Message 4 of 12 (7,765 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
i did as you said, but nothing was changing when i repaired the game. i decided to uninstall Galactic Adventures in case it was conflicting, and open the Base Spore game to see if C&C appeared.

but after repairing it again, and i thought it had worked as it told me C&C had finished downloading- it did not seem to work. it still says C&C is installed but nothing shows in game.
Message 5 of 12 (7,748 Views)

I recommend that you contact a game advisor, I do not know how I could help!

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

———-
Message 6 of 12 (7,738 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

thanks, i went through many support chats and none of the solutions worked until i tried something myself that i think was the solution:

after uninstalling/reinstalling Origin, i uninstalled Spore. When i went to reinstall it- i told it NOT to install C&C with it. after that i went to C&C and installed it after Spore installed. not sure what it was, but doing that fixed the issue. Mustve been skipping over something when it installed together

Message 7 of 12 (7,789 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The solution in this thread worked for me on win10, origin version. Mods may want to add this to the master FAQ.

Message 8 of 12 (7,545 Views)

★ Novice

How did you tell it to not install C&C?

Message 9 of 12 (6,527 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@MorrysIllusion It seems that has worked for me as well, although it remains to be seen if it will still be working after I attempt to change the language...
Message 10 of 12 (5,638 Views)