Re: an unknown error has occurred. Why is there no way to email to get a respons

by mindyandrick

Original Post

Accepted Solution

an unknown error has occurred. Why is there no way to email to get a response.

★★★ Newbie

When the game launches it wants me to login and add a screen name.

I've created and logged in at ea.com so I know the password is correct.

The system response is "an unknown error has occurred".

What am I doing wrong?

With no email contact ability I may never know when this post gets a response.

It allows me to play without logging in but I suspect there are features I am missing.

It looks like I'll have to try to return the game which is a shame since I had fun playing.

Message 1 of 19 (6,980 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: an unknown error has occurred. Why is there no way to email to get a respons

★★★ Newbie
carcrusher15

Cazcrusher15 solved this.

This is how you REALLY connect to spore servers through steam: here are the instructions, download eadm AKA origin client, app, whatever you call it from the website, then go to your spore game and right click it, go up to cd key, and then it will bring up a box, hit copy to clipboard. next install origin client and log in, then hover over the origin tab on the top left, and hit redeem product code. keep in mind, even though it may have the play button on the origin client, it wont work, so you still have to launch it through steam. Finally go to the bottom left of the spore game and click register, DO NOT HIT LOG IN, hit register spore account, type in your info and then hit enter, and if you did it right, you should be logged in to your new account, and then you can use the log in button to log in. -Your welcome

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (6,963 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
carcrusher15

Cazcrusher15 solved this.

This is how you REALLY connect to spore servers through steam: here are the instructions, download eadm AKA origin client, app, whatever you call it from the website, then go to your spore game and right click it, go up to cd key, and then it will bring up a box, hit copy to clipboard. next install origin client and log in, then hover over the origin tab on the top left, and hit redeem product code. keep in mind, even though it may have the play button on the origin client, it wont work, so you still have to launch it through steam. Finally go to the bottom left of the spore game and click register, DO NOT HIT LOG IN, hit register spore account, type in your info and then hit enter, and if you did it right, you should be logged in to your new account, and then you can use the log in button to log in. -Your welcome

Message 2 of 19 (6,964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's no working.

Message 3 of 19 (6,906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, it worked really appreciate it

Message 4 of 19 (6,823 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Do I need to register through the origin client or through steam for it to work? I followed everything closely and still having the trouble of it saying an error has occurred. I'm also unsure where it says to register a spore account. It would be greatly appreciated if you reply, I'm eager to play as I purchased the $40 version yesterday but could not register an account.

Thank you,

Josh S. 

Message 5 of 19 (6,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had an EA account for years. I also have had the Origin download manager app installed for awhile cause I have played the Sims for a long time.

I am trying to follow your instructions and I am not following what you want me to do. I am pretty good with computers but your instructions are not very clear. You say to go to the game to right click to get the cd code. Where are you talking? Program files? Steam? 

Can you please clarify your instructions? Thank you

Message 6 of 19 (6,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Open Steam, Steam Library, right click Manage, CD key Standard smile

Message 7 of 19 (6,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it says my cd key is already used when i never used it before Frown

Message 8 of 19 (6,283 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THIS IS IT YA'LL THANK YOU SO MUCH

Message 9 of 19 (6,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@lok1993323 You have to open your steam client and find your game not right click your desktop shortcut click properties and find cd keys and click it copy to clipboard and redeem you product in the origin launcher
Message 10 of 19 (6,118 Views)