Re: Will Darkspore be available to play offline?

by radan155

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will Darkspore be available to play offline?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I loved playing Darkspore, it took Spore to a new level. It left some of the great features of Spore and combined it with an online game with a great plot. I used to play the game with my family while I was overseas, it was nice to be able to play a game together even while so far away. I was however sad to discover that the server had been taken offline (it was unfortunate I never received an e-mail notice before hand),  and now I can't play at all. I know servers for this kind of things are expensive to maintain, but why take the server down if there is no offline option? I still see the game sold in stores; so now I'm warning friends not to buy since it is, at the moment, a worthless investment. I spoke with a game advisor and they suggested that I post this here to help gain attention/support for the matter.

Suggestions:

Offline option

Monthly/yearly/lifetime server subscriptions like other mmos to help pay for the server costs

Message 1 of 19 (18,538 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@Fernpaw7

Hi,

Noite about our games that will be taken offline can be found on our Service Updates page. Usually there is also an in-game or Origin related message.

At the moment I am not aware of any plans to continue Darkspore in another form. However, we would always love to receive feedback from our fans to see if we can change those plans in the future.

I am glad to hear that you've found joy in the game while it lasted. I was sad to see it go, but I certainly enjoyed it while it lasted.

Have a nice evening,

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (23,836 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@Fernpaw7

Hi,

Noite about our games that will be taken offline can be found on our Service Updates page. Usually there is also an in-game or Origin related message.

At the moment I am not aware of any plans to continue Darkspore in another form. However, we would always love to receive feedback from our fans to see if we can change those plans in the future.

I am glad to hear that you've found joy in the game while it lasted. I was sad to see it go, but I certainly enjoyed it while it lasted.

Have a nice evening,

Message 2 of 19 (23,837 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I had heard about Darkspore when it first came out but I couldn't afford to really get into gaming at the time, recently I've really been able to step up

but when I picked up a copy I found out I had missed my shot. please bring it back or even evolve the concept (haha, I think I'm funny).

I do think that it would go over well and I can already name one person that would pick up a copy Standard smile

Message 3 of 19 (18,256 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i also would love an offline option for Darkspore, given hwo I was just wishing I could play it again.

Message 4 of 19 (18,200 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
hi i also loved darkspore but sadly i couldn't play it again because i went to visit family in brazil and the laptop i used at the time was my mothers and because of that she wanted my aunt to keep it though i forgot my game inside the laptop, i've thought about darkspore at least 3 times a week since those years and i always always always wished i could play as Zrin again and i really hope you guys release an offline version for such a masterpiece of a game.
Message 5 of 19 (17,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I fell kind dump. I bough a last copy in box of it in January 2016. Only now I tried to play it and find out it was down, when tried to use the key. It said that the key expired. Just lost my money.

Message 6 of 19 (17,394 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Pandrine

Have you tried reaching out to an Advisor? Perhaps they will be able to provide you with a replacement since you've purchased the game after it has gone down:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

This would not be an option if you purchased the game before the servers went offline.

Message 7 of 19 (17,346 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I already open a case in the Brazilian EA website, asking why it was expired. A little before I find out EA shutdwn the servers. So they just said that I should ask the money back to the store where I bought it.
Message 8 of 19 (17,331 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Pandrine

The game should no longer be for sale, so contacting your retailer is also a valid option.

Message 9 of 19 (17,302 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Please offline patch ive been dying to play it again

Message 10 of 19 (16,616 Views)