Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Why won't Spore work on my Mac?

by HersheyTilly

Original Post

Why won't Spore work on my Mac?

★★★★ Newbie

I'm running Mac High Sierra 10.13.6. Just downloaded Spore and it won't run, locks up, won't play at all. Should i give up and get a refund? Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 3 (342 Views)

Re: Why won't Spore work on my Mac?

★★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar problem with my MacBook Air it loads up fine and tells me to create a spore account but it says that spore isn't optimized for my computer before hand. So I use the esc. key to back out of that then I can not click anything below the middle of my screen and I can not start a game. They have said before that it runs fine with high sierra like you have so why won't it work? I didn't spend twenty-one dollars just to have the game not work.

Message 2 of 3 (314 Views)

Re: Why won't Spore work on my Mac?

★★★★ Newbie

I ran into the problem of not being able to click anything after the game loads in High Sierra on a MacBook Air. If you enter window mode (Command->Return) you can change the graphics settings in SPORE to match your display (for me that was 1440) the game should work. At least this worked for me.

Message 3 of 3 (232 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help