Re: Why can’t I take a picture when it says not enough disk space

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why can’t I take a picture when it says not enough disk space

★★★ Newbie

Keeps coming up not enough disk space when there is ample space. How do I start this 

Message 1 of 3 (1,703 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @badgetigger24, this error message can pop up if you don't have enough free space to take the screenshot.

The amount of free space you may need to take a screenshot or Town Portrait can vary depending on the size of your town, your device, it's resolution, etc. Based on these factors, you may require several GB of free space to take a screenshot. 

However, saving the Town Portrait/screenshot itself does not require as much free space as it will be compressed to 40 MBs or lower when saved.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,644 Views)

All Replies

It requires a ridiculous amount of free space, how much do you have?

"Ample" is an arbitrary measurement, so I cant tell how much space you actually have.

I can tell you that on Android 3 GB free space and 2GB RAM is NOT enough

on Apple you need +5GB just to run the game smoothly and probably 4GB RAM to take the pic

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 3 (1,679 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @badgetigger24, this error message can pop up if you don't have enough free space to take the screenshot.

The amount of free space you may need to take a screenshot or Town Portrait can vary depending on the size of your town, your device, it's resolution, etc. Based on these factors, you may require several GB of free space to take a screenshot. 

However, saving the Town Portrait/screenshot itself does not require as much free space as it will be compressed to 40 MBs or lower when saved.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 3 (1,645 Views)