Why can’t I save a town portrait?

by fullblownaydss

Original Post

Why can’t I save a town portrait?

★★ Novice

I’ve been playing for over 12 years and I want to download a picture of my town to print and frame. When I try to take a town portrait I get the message: “Not enough disk space - Cannot save image due to lack of storage space. Town Portrait requires at least 7.95GB free.” I have an iPhone 14 with over 50GB of free space. This is very frustrating. Pls help EA! 

Message 1 of 6 (305 Views)

Rif.: Why can’t I save a town portrait?

Hero
@fullblownaydss the city portrait is one of the buggiest features in the game! There are more times that I have not succeeded, or I have obtained unsatisfactory results, than I have succeeded! Having said this, I gave up and the solution I have always found is, considering that this is an operation carried out rarely and occasionally, to use a different device, where however the "photo" option worked!
In your case... the storage space is there, but the game doesn't see it or doesn't have permissions... check the permissions granted to the game and check, since it's an Apple device, that you also have enough storage space cloud storage.

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 2 of 6 (263 Views)

★★ Novice

The game has all permissions allowed and I have exactly 152GB of free iCloud storage. I guess I’ll have to wait until I upgrade my phone and hope that works. Kind of unfortunate considering my phone is not that old. 

Message 3 of 6 (240 Views)

Hero

@fullblownaydss free space must be on your device not in the cloud and IOS lies about how much is really free. clear of 10-12 gbs more than it says you currently have

Message 4 of 6 (225 Views)

★★ Novice

Like I said in my original post, I have 54GB of free space on my phone and 152GB in the cloud. 

Message 5 of 6 (199 Views)

Hero

@fullblownaydss sorry I guess that I only really read your last post. if you make 8-12 gbs more free space on your device than it says you currently have and you still cannot take a picture, you will either have to use a different device by borrowing one from a friend or family member if you need to or waiting for a new update and see if that fixes it. You can also contact EA directly by tapping the help link on the loading screen and choosing technical help.