Update from 6/5/24 fails to complete

★★ Novice

Game

Spoiler
The Simpsons Tapped Out
Message 1 of 9 (287 Views)

Re: Update from 6/5/24 fails to complete

★ Pro
@scott_wilb898 Can you give a bit more information on what is happening, what device, etc
Message 2 of 9 (264 Views)

★★ Novice

Chromebook. I tried to download the updates. It gets to about 10 mb then goes back to zero. It does this several times. The error message says, too many download tries, check internet connection. My connection is strong. I reinstalled the app with the same results. I've been playing on this device for 3 years without incident

Message 3 of 9 (261 Views)

★ Pro
@scott_wilb898 Are you able to access a different internet connection to try again . It is possible that your connection is for some reason dropping out, which causes the download to restart.
If it fails again with the too many download tries error it may be a chromebook protection setting causing the issue. You can look in settings on your device or google chromebook protection blocking download. This is usually site specific but there are lots of items on it in google.
Hope this is some help, others here may have more suggestions.
Message 4 of 9 (248 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks. I tried two other connections with the same result. I will look into the Chromebook/Google solution. I sorta suspect the same thing. I will let you know if I have success

Message 5 of 9 (244 Views)

★★ Novice

No luck with memory allocation. The device won't allow me to change that. Does any one else have any input on this?

Message 6 of 9 (229 Views)

@scott_wilb898 - downloads typically need more room than you'd think, a copy to get and check then a copy of that to go where it belongs before it cleans the first one ( if it does clean 'em like it should )

Have a look for Chromebook help on cleaning junk and cache files.

Also have a look if you can uninstall anything rarely used, even if it's just to make room now and you put it back later.

Lastly check if there's anything in Docs / Pics / Music etc. that you could delete / pop on the Cloud / move to External Storage.

Hopefully if you can make extra space it'll solve this for you. Good luck

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 7 of 9 (221 Views)

★★ Novice

I was able to free up 5 gb of space but no dice. I may have to go back to using my phone for this game ugh. Screen is way too small

Message 8 of 9 (193 Views)

@scott_wilb898 - 2 things ...
1: you do get used to it
2: maybe using both helps

I play 3 games, one on a phone, one on a tablet and one on a Kindle
If one goes screwy I use the other to log in, but if they all behave it saves the D.O.B. and log-in codes malarkey

It can also help if the game tries to load the same game on two devices and it shows the Your Other Device warning

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 9 of 9 (170 Views)