by c9fc7ee81f141577

Original Post

Re: [Under Investigation] Game wont load past donut spinning screen

★★★★★ Apprentice
@11EEvey That’s good to know thanks
Message 591 of 600 (600 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m still having the same issue so for me, this has been going on for like a month at this point. I’ve tried logging out/in, deleting and re-downloading the game etc. Not sure what else to try. I’ve been playing this game for like 11 years and don’t want to have to quit or lose all of my progress.

is there anything else I can try?

Message 592 of 600 (576 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@elizabethksp Out of interest what device and operating system are you using?
Message 593 of 600 (563 Views)

★★ Pro
@elizabethksp last time I could not get relief anywhere, my last resort was to install on the other OS. So if you're on android, try apple. Or the other way around. That got me going again. ( I borrowed a friend's to install temporarily ). Good luck!
Message 594 of 600 (550 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@4junk3000 I’ve tried that works on android tablet(not my device) did you delete from that device also then try to install on your main device? Once I’ve installed on android and tablet it worked on my apple device, until it shut down and restarted fully then couldn’t get back in again.
Message 595 of 600 (541 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by having trouble reinstalling offloaded apps on your iPhone. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:-

1. Restart your iPhone:- A simple restart can often clear up temporary glitches.

2. Check your internet connection:- Make sure you have a stable Wi-Fi or cellular data connection for downloading the app.

3. Prioritize the Download:- Touch and hold the app icon (once it starts jiggling) and choose "Prioritize Download" to move it to the front of the download queue.

4. Valid Payment Method:- Even for free apps, you might need a valid payment method on file with your Apple ID. Check your settings and update if needed.

5. Offload Unused Apps:- Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and ensure "Offload Unused Apps" is enabled. This allows the app data to be removed while keeping the app icon for easy redownloading.

6. Screen Time Restrictions:- If you have Screen Time enabled with restrictions, it might be blocking app downloads. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions and check if App Downloads are restricted.

7. Delete the App Completely:- If the above steps don't work, try deleting the app entirely. Touch and hold the app icon, tap "Delete App", and confirm. Then, go to the App Store to reinstall it.

8. Check for App Store Issues:- In rare cases, the issue might be with the App Store itself. Check online sources or Apple's official channels for any reported outages.

More effective information below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QMTTe2jA_I&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

Message 596 of 600 (395 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SOLVED!! So I have had the issue on my IPHONE, of trying to log in and get past the spinning donut but kept getting put back to my phones Home Screen after the app force closes with no error message. I looked and looked for a solution for a few weeks because the issue only affected my iPhone and not my android. I was able to play the same account on my android device. So I found a solution that was posted back in 2013 stating that EA said that there is a bug that occurs when the game doesn’t like how the map is saved and will just straight up not even try to open it up again.so that means, 10 YEARS DOWN THE LINE AND THE BUG STILL EXISTS. So I knew this was the reason mine wouldn’t load because I had recently added a tonne of water features to my beaches on the game and it wouldn’t open again. My solution was to log in to my android device, put all the ocean and beach items back in my inventory and lo and behold, the game loaded up on my IOS. UNFORTUNATELY I don’t know which item bugged my game up but I’ll see if I can solve that too. BASICALLY I WANTED TO UPDATE THE TREAD TO HELP OTHERS STILL ENCOUNTERING THIS BUG AND CANT GET THEIR GAMES TO LOAD AGAIN. I HOPE THIS HELPS. HAPPY TAPPING!!! 

Message 597 of 600 (335 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THIS IS the same problem that I have had for the past 3 days. The sad part is that it's almost impossible to contact EA to get the problem fixed.

Message 598 of 600 (327 Views)

[ Edited ]

@paulswensonp - as long as your game is linked to an EA account the easiest way to solve that particular error code is to uninstall and then re-install.

If you play as Anonymous and you don't have a note or screenshot of your Mayhem ID then DO NOT UNINSTALL.

If you uninstall an Anonymous game it loses the credentials for your game data, but if you do have your Mayhem ID and that happens you can contact EA Help and ask them to copy the game from the old Mayhem ID to the one it generated when you re-installed.

For info on the Mayhem ID see the section Finding Your Account ID here ...

https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-simpsons/the-simpsons-tapped-out/contact-support-for-the-simpsons-ta...

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 599 of 600 (324 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Another new update still the same issue of not loading past the donut spinning screen.

the game works on an old iPhone with an older iOS operating system. Just does not work on my iPhone 15 pro max with latest software installed.

the advisor told me post on here again sorry for spamming thread. 

I’ve done the delete re download etc nothing changes.

Message 600 of 600 (243 Views)