[Under Investigation] Game wont load past donut spinning screen

by c9fc7ee81f141577

Original Post

Re: Game wont load past donut spinning screen

★★ Novice

iPad Pro (11 Zoll, 4. Generation)
German language 

App opens with loading screen, no Buttons of other functions available. On cutting the Internet connection Bart Window appears but no change on reconnect.

Message 51 of 600 (1,053 Views)

Hero
@hallogehei348 Have you tried the advice in the post, including uninstalling/reinstalling the application (ONLY for those playing with an EA profile - no anonymous players)?

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 52 of 600 (1,048 Views)

Re: The game is not launching past Home Screen

★★★ Newbie

My game won’t fully load after the update on an iPad Air, current generation. It gets the splash screen and spinning donut but won’t go any further. Shut off the iPad and turned it back on. Didn’t help. Updated to the 16.7 iPad OS update still nothing. I’m on my Wi-Fi and everything else works. Only time I get an error is when I turn my Wi-Fi off. Otherwise it will spin as long as I let it.  I left it for 30 and nothing. 

Message 53 of 600 (1,046 Views)

Re: The game is not launching past Home Screen

[ Edited ]

@Korandor - I've moved your post to a thread that I think may apply to your issue.

It's worth reading the thread, particularly these ...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Under-Investigation-Game-wont-load-past-donut-spin...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Under-Investigation-Game-wont-load-past-donut-spin...

Some have said Hard Close can help, but may need a few tries.
I’m also seeing players say they keep needing to do the Month + Year malarkey – and that might be a sign it’s gonna behave and actually load.

Some have said uninstalling and reinstalling helps, but only do that if your game is linked and saved to an EA account.
If you uninstall an anonymous game it will delete your town !!

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 54 of 600 (1,039 Views)

Betreff: [Under Investigation] Game wont load past donut spinning screen

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue. Tried every step mentioned but nothing worked. There’s still the running donut. I’m playin on an IPad Air with iOS 17.0.3.

Message 55 of 600 (1,012 Views)

Re: [Under Investigation] Game wont load past donut spinning screen

★★★ Novice

I’m also having the same issue.

-I play on an iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17.0.3 (21A360).

-TSTO is the most up to date version.

I’ve tried:

-turning phone on and off again

-trying on WiFi network and also on mobile data

-force closing TSTO app

Still not able to get into my game. Doughnut just spins…

Message 56 of 600 (986 Views)

Re: [Under Investigation] Game wont load past donut spinning screen

@MsBenson91 - as long as it's linked and saved to an EA account did you try uninstalling and reinstalling ??

many players have said it helped get them back in their game.

DO NOT uninstall if it isn't linked to an EA account, uninstalling an anonymous game will delete your town !!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Message 57 of 600 (970 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks Graham, I’ve tried all but the uninstall/reinstall because I have two games (one is anonymous). Been playing since Halloween 2014 and this is the longest That I have been without my game, dohl. 

Message 58 of 600 (960 Views)

@2014noname - drat !!
If the anonymous town is on the same device as the linked game then uninstall isn't an option, unless it's new and disposable.
Looks like you'll need to wait for the fix, sorry

Message 59 of 600 (952 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Followed all the advise. Deleted and reloaded 4 times, finally got through the update section, but once I logged in again - nothing but the spinning donut of death.  
Have now lost two days on this.  Glad I'm not alone, but super frustrating. 
Would love a solution that works.

Iphone 14Pro, iOS 17.03

Message 60 of 600 (943 Views)