[Under Investigation] Game wont load past donut spinning screen

by c9fc7ee81f141577

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Under Investigation] Game wont load past donut spinning screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently updated (yesterday 10/4/23) my game for the Halloween event and yesterday it worked fine. Today I can not get my game to load past the donut spinning screen. : ( I tried resetting my phone, connected to Wi-Fi and not connected and no luck. I'm running an Iphone 14 pro max with the latest IOS update, 17.2

Bummed im losing time to play the latest event! Looks like from the Facebook forum others are experiencing the same issue. Tech support was not sure what the issue was but submitted a case for me. Also recommended I post here to get additional attention.

Message 1 of 600 (19,793 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Under Investigation] Game wont load past donut spinning screen

Community Manager

Hey all!

For anyone who is currently getting stuck at the "Bart Screen": If you could provide a screenshot of that screen to us here, it would greatly assist us in determining the root cause of the issue.

That screen contains information on the version of the app as well as the specific error you're running into that are very beneficial to us. 

Thanks!

EACade

View in thread

Message 472 of 600 (7,146 Views)

All Replies

Re: Game wont load past donut spinning screen

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone - check this, as it says it's good news ...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Good-news-for-those-with-THOH-2023-iOS-troubles-gett...

Original reply below ...

- assuming it's a Can't Connect issue and not that it goes pop back to the Homescreen here's some tricks I use.
I’ll add – if you get an endlessly spinning donut it’s basically a broken Bart Screen that’ll sit there and wait forever for you to tap a Retry Button that is not there !!
The Kill and Restart and the No Internet tips apply for the Endless Donut too.

If your game Can’t Connect ( Bart Screen ) close your game either in Recent Apps – often as simple as swiping it off from there, but depends on device – or find it in Settings and Force Close, then restart it from the App Icon, not a Notification.
If Bart pops back up only hit Retry once. If it keeps coming back with a countdown kill the game and restart it again.

If that keeps happening turn off the Internet access for your device, both WiFi and Mobile Data if you have both options.
Usually you can do that with the Drop Down menu for the device, or can edit that to include those.
If you restart or reload your game with no internet you get a different Can’t Connect message that says it’s your fault.
When that shows up swipe down for that menu and restart the Internet for your device.
Give it a moment to connect then hit Retry on that alternate message.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 2 of 600 (19,777 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the recommendations. Unfortunately I tried and still no luck. I continue to be stuck on the donut screen. 😞 Maybe I'll try deleting and reinstalling. Hate doing that but it's my last resort. 

Message 3 of 600 (19,748 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@c9fc7ee81f141577 I am also having the exact same issue reported problem to tech support find everything they said abc it’s still not working never had this problem before
Message 4 of 600 (19,717 Views)

@nickytheminx - read the tips I posted ^^
If your game is running, even in the background, the problem will most likely persist

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 5 of 600 (19,704 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you I’ve done everything, clear history on cache as suggested by EA can’t log off either when donut is spinning. 

Message 6 of 600 (19,682 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, even tried uninstalling and reinstalling and no luck, stuck on the same donut spinning loading screen. 😞

Message 7 of 600 (19,656 Views)

iOS 16.7 iPad 8th gen

unusually slow to load

for me one or two hard close and restart will do it

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 8 of 600 (19,671 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Starting from the assumption, given the many users who have had problems, that there have been problems, can you give it a try?
Only those with an EA account (not those who play anonymously)!
Try closing the app, removing it from the recent list, and trying again.
If it still doesn't work, reinstall the app; even deleting the game DATA may be enough!
Let us know if you can solve it!
It would also be useful to specify, if you can't solve it, what type of device you are using!
Thank you!

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 9 of 600 (19,625 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Looks like deleting and reinstalling has worked. There was a 2000 mb update required which may explain the circling donut (1079 updates) but looking good so far! 

Message 10 of 600 (19,611 Views)