Town portrait / Screenshot *not working*

by simpsonare

Original Post

Town portrait / Screenshot *not working*

★ Apprentice

Are there others having this issue? I tried lowering and raising the resolution on my phone but it still does not save my portrait once completing. Says a unknown issue occured. Help never sent a reply back when I reported the bug to them. Need this feature to design my town. Need to see where everything is.

Message 1 of 18 (5,103 Views)

Re: Town portrait / Screenshot *not working*

How much free space do you have on your device? Device not SD

Not sure how much free space is required but I know 3 GB is not enough

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 18 (5,063 Views)

★ Novice

I have the exact same problem. I think it started happening when I updated to android 10. I've deleted the image folder, but the app is not even being able to create a new folder. And I have tons of internal storage space on my phone. 

Message 3 of 18 (4,918 Views)

★ Novice

I have 10gb of space, app had permission to access storage.  I've tried reinstalling tsto.  It always fails after pressing the save button with "Town portrait encountered an unknown issue"  error.  Not sure but it have started after upgrading to android 10.  HELP EA!

Message 4 of 18 (4,841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having the same issue with not being able to save a portrait of my Springfield. It goes through the entire processing but then it says unknown issue. My Springfield is really big because I've been playing it for five or six years now and the file says it's going to be approximately 33 megabytes. I have tons of storage on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 but it still has this problem. Anyone have solution?

Message 5 of 18 (4,493 Views)

Not sure what is wrong, if it an Android issue

I have about 90 GB free space, not including SD

12 GB RAM

Android 10

App have all permissions on

So it shouldn't be an issue but I can't save

Same as described

It takes the photo, processes it but an error occurred when saving

Before I thought it was lack of space and older OS, it did not work on Android 6 where I had less than 4 GB free space

But now, I don't know what is wrong. Android? Samsung?

I can save on iOS, about 7 GB free space, 2 GB RAM, iOS 13

@EA_Lanna could you do some digging, please?

I know the thread is old-ish but as far as I can see, the issue is exactly the same as there never came a fix or patch for it

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 6 of 18 (4,466 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@simpsonare Ive been having the same issue and while the game needs a couple gb, the photo for my Springfield is 30mb and I have 64gb (internal) free (110gb external) and a new phone. So space and device are not an issue.
Message 7 of 18 (4,183 Views)

Hero

It was working on my Samsung A 50 until the Game of Games event. I have 15 gigs of free space on my device and never had a problem with the portrait until that event.

Message 8 of 18 (4,161 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Honestly I think the Town Portrait function is rather pointless.  I made one on my iPad and the resulting image was so small and blurry it was useless.  "Half an hour of my time and THIS is what I get?"

Message 9 of 18 (4,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same issue on an Android 10 device with more than 10 Gb free memory space.

Used to work on my previous device.

Please can you help ?

Message 10 of 18 (3,654 Views)