There are some buildings inside the mountain a lot of my stuff on Inventory

by 8110Charlie

Original Post

There are some buildings inside the mountain a lot of my stuff on Inventory

★★★★★ Novice

On wednesday June 19th 2024 I changed my smartphone to a new one. I have installed Simpsons Tapped Out, there are a lot of weird things on my game.

Somt curiouses things happening:
- There are a lot of my stuff on Inventory, when I try to use any building or building with characters I can't put then in the land, all buttons dissapeared.
- There are some buildings inside the mountain for example John's Pharmaceuticals, I cant't move the building.

Screenshot_20240622_110559_Tapped Out.jpg

Screenshot_20240622_102612_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20240622_102518_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20240622_102432_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20240622_102428_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20240620_062936_Tapped Out.jpg

Screenshot_20240620_062826_Tapped Out.jpg

New phone details:
Samsung Galaxy A15 G5
Model name: SM-A156M/DSN
Software Information:
One UI version: 6.1
Android version 14
Google Play system update: May, 1 2024
Android security patch level: May, 1 2024

Tapped Out versión: 4.68.0

Message 1 of 14 (486 Views)

Re: There are some buildings inside the mountain a lot of my stuff on Inventory

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@8110CharlieCouple of things to check. If you used samsung smart switch to transfer to the new phone it should have worked but possibly your local files are messed up.
Can you try a diffetent device, or your old phone if you still have it. The idea is to verify your files on the server are ok. If its messed on the other device you may need to contact support for a rollback.
If its ok,and if you are playing using an ea account you can completely uninstall and reinstal. Dont try to log in or play until all downloads and updates are completely finished. Then log in.
Before you uninstall grab the mayhem number for your town. There are instructions here in the tips section. That will be needed by support for some things.
Let us know if that works.

Message 2 of 14 (477 Views)

Community Manager

@Willy9292 wrote:

@8110CharlieCouple of things to check. If you used samsung smart switch to transfer to the new phone it should have worked but possibly your local files are messed up.
Can you try a diffetent device, or your old phone if you still have it. The idea is to verify your files on the server are ok. If its messed on the other device you may need to contact support for a rollback.
If its ok,and if you are playing using an ea account you can completely uninstall and reinstal. Dont try to log in or play until all downloads and updates are completely finished. Then log in.
Before you uninstall grab the mayhem number for your town. There are instructions here in the tips section. That will be needed by support for some things.
Let us know if that works.

Just to reiterate on this one. When you change devices, from a tool standpoint, sometimes the game is not synced, or was still running in the background. This can cause a lot of issues and often times we have to rollback the game. If the game does not save and sync properly, when you next log in, you may see old data or corrupted data because the game was not closed properly. It also takes a bit of time to sync with the servers and store a proper save file for us to look at if need be.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 14 (466 Views)

Buildings stuck in mountain

★★★ Newbie

I was just wondering if there’s anyway to fix my buildings being stuck in the mountain at the bottom near the sea. It happened when I was required to re-download the game after a crash. I have attempted to store them in my storage however when I try to place them back down they just go back into the mountain and i cannot move them.

Message 4 of 14 (432 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same issue yet have not changed phones at all.

Message 5 of 14 (430 Views)

Hero

whenever anything weird happens in your game immediately exit. If you have an account uninstall, make 8-12 gbs free space reboot and reinstall, do not log in until fully downloaded.

If you still have issues, try on a different device by borrowing a friend or family members, if still no luck, you will probably have to contact ea for a rollback to before it happened.

@danmachold @8110Charlie 

Message 6 of 14 (414 Views)

Re: Buildings stuck in mountain

Message 7 of 14 (411 Views)

Missing Buildings After Latest Game Update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, this may be a bit of a weird one but basically I logged into my tapped out game and noticed a bunch of missing buildings and open spaces. After trying to place a building I noticed a bunch of them have glitched where they have become stuck in the mountains and I cannot move them out. When putting some in my inventory it’s only allowing me to place them in that one spot in the mountains and I cannot move them at all. 
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, logged out and logged back in and contacted EA support but they were no help. 
If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated!

Message 8 of 14 (348 Views)

Missing Buildings After Latest Update (6/28/20204)

★★★ Newbie

I did the update this morning and now a bunch of buildings are missing from my town... they arent in my inventory, they arent somewhere else in my town, and it is allowing me to place buildings where the missing ones were so its not like they are just invisible or anything. Anyone else having this issue?

Message 9 of 14 (343 Views)

Re: Missing Buildings After Latest Update (6/28/20204)

Community Manager

Hey all, 

Thanks for flagging these issues to us. 

If you could, please provide the following information so we can get this in front of the game team for review:

• IOS/Android
  • OS Version
  • Device Model
  • Does this happen on WiFi and Cellular Data?
  • Mayhem ID - (Note: Do not share this publicly, please send this info via DM here)

Should look something like this:

• Android
  • Android 14
  • Galaxy S21
  • Yes

Or

• Apple
  • IOS 17.5.1
  • iPhone 15 Pro Max
  • Yes

Thanks!

EACade