Re: TSTO Simpsanos Progress Hault

by turtlecandle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

TSTO Simpsanos Progress Hault

★★ Novice

I haven’t had trouble with finishing quests and making progress until about 5/2/24. I finished the 3rd quest of the 3rd story and the 4th quest never became available to play. Usually, it will automatically open when you finish the previous quest until you finish the story. All I get is a prompt “Continue the story to reach this quest.” No jobs are available, the story icon doesn’t appear in my sidebar. No characters have any ‘!’ prompts in the top left. I believe the 4th part of the story is available but it hasn’t even shown up. I have deleted and reinstalled, placed all previous buildings, and tried waiting for the release of the final story with no luck. To be clear, I did NOT finish the 3rd story early and had to wait for the 4th to be released. I am STUCK in the 3rd quest of the 3rd story without automatic prompt to send players on jobs/collect items for the 4th quest. What can I do????Can not proceed with quests

Message 1 of 9 (377 Views)

Accepted Solution

@turtlecandle 

there's no check mark on it

did you hard close and restart game?

shut down device, restart?

tried loading the game to a different device? preferable a different OS (if you play on Apple, load to an Android, if you play on Android, load it to an Apple device)

try that, if it doesn't work contact support

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players.

Contact EA support in game: saw&hammer icon > top right in the popup "get help"
or use the web https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out&community=true. Same login as the game.
Or if you prefer Twitter or FB, links are at the bottom of the page

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (279 Views)

All Replies

You do not have a checkmark on the building, Twelve Day dry cleaner, so that part is not done

tasks to do to get the Twelve day drycleaner

Collect Badges – x 115 
Make Wiggum Try to Get in the Surveillance Van
Make The Cropfather Walk Away Nonchalantly
Make Lenora Carter Surveil Obviously - if purchased
Make Fat Tony Laugh at the Fuzz 

have you done all of those?

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 9 (329 Views)

★★ Novice

It says “you’ve completed this part of the story” and doesn’t allow me to send any characters on related tasks. I have the building placed, I’ve earned it so I believe it’s done. 

Message 3 of 9 (305 Views)

@turtlecandle 

can you provide a screen grab of it?

D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 9 (287 Views)

★★ Novice

I also attached a screenshot to show how the story isn’t in my task sidebar. 

Message 5 of 9 (283 Views)

@turtlecandle 

there's no check mark on it

did you hard close and restart game?

shut down device, restart?

tried loading the game to a different device? preferable a different OS (if you play on Apple, load to an Android, if you play on Android, load it to an Apple device)

try that, if it doesn't work contact support

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players.

Contact EA support in game: saw&hammer icon > top right in the popup "get help"
or use the web https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out&community=true. Same login as the game.
Or if you prefer Twitter or FB, links are at the bottom of the page

D'oh! - Em
Message 6 of 9 (280 Views)

★★ Novice

Yea no checkmark, but I earned the reward. I have tried everything. Deleted and reinstalled, hard reset, and I contacted EA. They sent me an article to basically just restart/reset everything which I’ve already done. I might try them again, but I’m losing hope lol. 

Message 7 of 9 (249 Views)

Community Manager

@turtlecandle Have you reinstalled the game? Where there are multiple sections of an event, once the next event starts it would show up regardless of you finishing the last part. I see that you are missing the last part of the event. This typically indicates that the game is not fully up to date on that device.

With support, what they can do, is check the account, remove the building, and read it to see if it checks off that part of the task.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 9 (153 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I’ve reinstalled multiple times. Each time waiting for the full download until signing in and playing. I’ve contacted EA twice with no help. I got the in-game notification that the event ends soon, but no progress. I never received the 4th story update. Frown

Message 9 of 9 (141 Views)