Re: Steam users unable to create Spore account or redeem game on Origin

by AngryBurntToast1

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Old school gamer/hacker here....  I've been playing EA/Origin games since the 80s.  The Origin Loader is the single worst piece of garbage software I've seen in 40 years of gaming and 35 years of software development.  The first screen it displays proudly proclaims how fast it is.... and then I have to watch the download screen for 15 or 20 minutes....

I'm afraid to say that with all the "licensing" insanity that EA/Origin has been playing with over the last 10 years, the only option to *play* an old EA/Origin game is to buy an old disk off EBay and install it on a good old Windows system. Do NOT try to buy from EA/Origin, EVER -- the incompetence they have shown is a case study in what NOT to do to customers.

Money spent on an EA/Origin PC game these days is money wasted.  You *may be* able to play the game for a little while, and then everything will stop working, with warning or recourse.  It's an abomination, and EA/Origin has ZERO interest in customer satisfaction.

Message 31 of 232 (3,748 Views)

★★ Pro

@NOYB2018 wrote:

I'm afraid to say that with all the "licensing" insanity that EA/Origin has been playing with over the last 10 years, the only option to *play* an old EA/Origin game is to buy an old disk off EBay and install it on a good old Windows system. Do NOT try to buy from EA/Origin, EVER -- the incompetence they have shown is a case study in what NOT to do to customers.

for what it's worth, Spore is available on GOG. This version is totally DRM-free, includes the DLC, and unlike the disc version, is the updated version of the game that supports online play. Also works great with mods. 100% recommended to anyone looking to buy the game today.

The GOG version also includes the serial code that can be redeemed on the EA account to create an account. (which Steam no longer does, hence this thread)

https://www.gog.com/game/spore_collection

Message 32 of 232 (3,731 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I will suggest again speaking with the ea support. After showing them proof of my purchase on steam they added the game to my origin account. Note: DO NOT download the game on origin, it will corrupt your save file. Only by having the game linked to you steam and origin account, you will be able to access the online content from steam.

Message 33 of 232 (3,724 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ive been arguing with them in emails for a week and they're still not doing anything... they told me to start the game on a friends device. Thats ridiculous. Ea help is useless

Message 34 of 232 (3,669 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@AngryBurntToast1 emails will take too long, try doing a live chat
Message 35 of 232 (3,658 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried live chat, take way to long to respond. I kept it open for an hour with no response and im way to busy for that. 

Message 36 of 232 (3,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my brother got the bundle for creepy and cute and galactic adventures on steam and he can sign in

Message 37 of 232 (3,491 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is also a problem for me, i have had spore on steam for a long time amd my account worked just fine until Microsoft purged a lot of emails with their hotmail purge as did EA purge the account i used cause i didn't use it in years.

so now i have all 3 spore titles sitting in my steam library and i can't access the still running online features of spore.

something able this needs to be done cause i don't want to have to spend 130$ to get the games again on origin!

Message 38 of 232 (3,451 Views)

★★ Pro

Some people are reporting that CD Keys have returned for some EA games, but not for Spore at this time

If anyone is able to see the CD Keys for Spore in Steam (the base game, NOT Galactic Adventures) please let us know here!

Message 39 of 232 (3,374 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, bought the game couple fo days ago. Tried to contact support a couple of times but still nothing. can anyone help me?

Message 40 of 232 (3,365 Views)