Re: Steam users unable to create Spore account or redeem game on Origin

by AngryBurntToast1

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Steam support was trash. They just told me the game didn't come with a CD key and they sent me back to EA support. Today I called EA support and did get the problem solved, thank god. The man I talked to was very friendly and after proper verification and having me link my Steam account to my EA account just added Spore to my EA account. To anyone else who sees this and tries contacting EA, link your Steam account and ask if they can add Spore to your EA account. I wish I would've been more direct about it in the first place instead of jumping through so many hoops just to receive the same help other people got easily.

Message 21 of 229 (4,575 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I got told to link my Steam account to my EA account the first time I contacted support and it didn't help at all

Message 22 of 229 (4,557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you, I just contacted EA Support and solved my problem with the same steps, linking the account and then adding Spore to the Origin account

Se você é BR (: Fiz isso usando o suporte Americano mesmo, não sei se o suporte do Brasil conseguiria resolver o problema, mas dei preferência ao Americano, pois pude conversar por texto e não por ligação, Demorou cerca de 50 minutos, então aconselho que vincule a conta steam com a origin antes.

Ps: eu enviei os prints do histórico de compras steam e do recibo da compra do Spore que recebi por e-mail da steam.

Message 23 of 229 (4,525 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this is pretty messed up, not unexpected from ea though. support isnt responding to me at all, ive connected steam and origin, i used my steam key to redownload spore in origins, but nothing is working. * ea entirely, they constantly do * like this and i cant even get a response from them. i wonder if a class action lawsuit could be possible for this stuff

Message 24 of 229 (4,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

update: after opening my save from origins, multiple character models are funky and no longer work, even after deleting origins and its version of spore. this is ridiculous, all because ea cat fix there servers correctly, my save file is now messed up. i put at least 30 hours into this game. i had a really cool demon looking creature too!

Message 25 of 229 (4,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Just spoke yesterday with EA support, they asked me to show proof of my purchase of Spore on Steam, then they added the game to my account in Origin and since then i´ve been able to acces the online content from playing on the steam version

Message 26 of 229 (4,451 Views)

★★★★ Novice

im so upset all i did was open spore using origin. now my saves corrupt. im so upset. DONT OPEN SPORE USING ORIGIN IF YOU PREVIOUSLY USED STEAM

Message 27 of 229 (4,462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@AngryBurntToast1Yeah, don´t do that, someone commented about that before

Message 28 of 229 (4,461 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I read around here that it would fix the issue of not being able to create an account, but that was a few years back. I didnt realize they messed with the steam keys until after i did it. Ive put 35 hours into this character. I really dont want to restart but i love this game. Definitely going to avoid getting any ea games in the future because of this stuff.

Message 29 of 229 (4,447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for this info. wished i knew  when i bought it and cant refund it now. ive been trying for yrs to get online through steam.. stea wont refund me. so would it be possible for the to gift me the creepy and cute dlc on steam. and ill stop my insanity.

please and thank you.

Message 30 of 229 (4,370 Views)