Re: Steam Spore Crashing

by Bungledess87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Steam Spore Crashing

★★★★★ Newbie

Recently purchased Spore through Steam. Not the first time I've purchased the game; I purchased both the standard(twice) and the collector's edition, plus all the DLC. It used to run great, but for some reason it keeps crashing on me -- which means no chance for the achievement you get when playing from Cell Stage to Space Stage Frown 

Not only that, I can't get through maybe 10 minutes of game play before the crashes happen. I'm still in Creature Stage, and the crashes normally happen when I die or when I start attacking other creatures. I've read the forums on Steam and people are saying that you can't run Spore on Windows 8.1, which is the system I'm running on. Are there any fixes for this? I've tried running the game through the normal .exe and through the Galactic Adventures .exe. 

Please help? 

I really enjoy this game and would like to be able to play it. 

Message 1 of 10 (45,486 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Bungledess87, Hi

Ah nope thats absolutely not true.

Fact is:  Spore runs without problems even on Windows Pro 10 64 version.

I myself have it just last weekend moved on the system, before I played it on MBP -> Macbook Pro 2014. It is important that you have a good configured operating system.

Spore is very sensitive to these things.

1. Disable all background programs during the time where you are playing
  2. Check that you have installed all the latest graphics driver
  3. Choose never a higher screen resolution, since this does not support Spore
  4. Because these are the things that may crash the game
  5. You can the game switch into the compatibility mode, read below

Delete the graphics cache, they often causes this problems

https://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/4721.page

Starts the game in compatibility mode

1. Right click on the Spore Icon
  2. Properties
  3. Choose compatibility tab
  4. Choose a Windows version, 
  5. and set a flag in 'Run this program as an administrator'
  6. Say OK
  7. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Hope this will helps!

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (51,137 Views)

All Replies

@Bungledess87, Hi

Ah nope thats absolutely not true.

Fact is:  Spore runs without problems even on Windows Pro 10 64 version.

I myself have it just last weekend moved on the system, before I played it on MBP -> Macbook Pro 2014. It is important that you have a good configured operating system.

Spore is very sensitive to these things.

1. Disable all background programs during the time where you are playing
  2. Check that you have installed all the latest graphics driver
  3. Choose never a higher screen resolution, since this does not support Spore
  4. Because these are the things that may crash the game
  5. You can the game switch into the compatibility mode, read below

Delete the graphics cache, they often causes this problems

https://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/4721.page

Starts the game in compatibility mode

1. Right click on the Spore Icon
  2. Properties
  3. Choose compatibility tab
  4. Choose a Windows version, 
  5. and set a flag in 'Run this program as an administrator'
  6. Say OK
  7. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Hope this will helps!

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 2 of 10 (51,138 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks so much ! This guide actually didn't help much, it still ended up crashing, but I followed the directions on the link and it stopped crashing Standard smile 

Now I can finally play without worry lol 

Message 3 of 10 (45,436 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Compatibility mode helped, but what really got me running was going into settings and cranking all the video settings up to max, so they matched my LED monitor. Easy Peasy, should not have taken me 4 hours to figure it out.

Message 4 of 10 (43,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie
For me tho, it just goes into a black screen then crashes.. i have tried everything and it still goes like this.
Message 5 of 10 (39,076 Views)

★★ Novice
Same here, it just flickers on/off my monitor - unable to close it or run task manager. Must restart the computer to stop it.
Message 6 of 10 (38,351 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok, srsly dude. this comment keeps coming up and its not helpful. What is compatibility mode, and how do i do it.

Message 7 of 10 (13,391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

maybe follow the instructions above

Message 8 of 10 (12,386 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Freggi-Liz please for the love of god help me this is driving me insane like all i want to do is play spore and this is so complicated ive spent 4 hours trying to make the game not crash at all, number 1 i dont even have a compatlibity tab when i go to Properties in spore number 2 when i try to follow a guide to adding it the things it tells me to go to aren't even there and 3 i just want to play some spore and nothing is working can you please add me on discord: StonedRaccoon#4210 or atleast reply? i really just wanna defeat the grox im more than half way done and i just cannot play spore without fixxing the crashing. please help me i'll do anything

Message 9 of 10 (8,783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

HI, PLS TELL ME YOU SOLVED IT SOMEHOW? Frown(, I have the same problem

Message 10 of 10 (1,219 Views)