Sporepedia white, icons stretched

by ladygr8skullzero

Original Post

Sporepedia white, icons stretched

★ Novice

Hello fellow Spore players.

I recently encountered a problem with my Spore :

- On launch, when the EA logo transforms into a vortex, the sound is deeper than usual. If I skip the intro, the SPORE name will be replaced with a white rectangle.

- Some creatures look very different with weird colours and sometimes weird shapes (like perfect blocks).

- When I click on a creature to identify it, the rectangle on the top right is almost all white.

- My icons (call for home, run, fly, special power like call to arms etc.) are weirdly stretched.

- Sporepedia is also very white.

I suspect the recent Windows 10 to be responsible for this.

I tried to take screenshots but all I got was either black screens or only the galaxy screen without anything else around.

I have never used mods btw.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 9 (1,113 Views)

Re: Sporepedia white, icons stretched

★ Novice

Bump

Message 2 of 9 (1,061 Views)

This is a graphic glitches
Make sure that you have newest graphics driver
As Well keep an eye of Windows 10 updates

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 3 of 9 (1,048 Views)

★ Novice
@Freggi-Liz Yeah it's definitely a graphical corruption.

My drivers are up to date, I updated them twice since my game started to be corrupted, changes have yet to happen.

I just installed the latest Windows update, again, nothing changed.
Message 4 of 9 (1,022 Views)

did you choose the minimum screen resolution in Spore?
If necessary, delete the graphic cache from Spore

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/...

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.

Message 5 of 9 (1,012 Views)

★ Novice
@Freggi-Liz Yeah I played around with the resolution and it didn't change anything.

Deleted graphics cache, again, no change.
Message 6 of 9 (935 Views)

@ladygr8skullzero 

Did you try to delete the temporary files from Windows and your browser

https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/help/4026616/windows-10-disk-cleanup

Message 7 of 9 (921 Views)

★★★ Newbie

uhhh i'd recommend uninstalling then reinstalling the game, back up your files first, and then reinsert each item until you figure out which one trips spore to break. other than that, spores pretty old, so it might be broken by updates to windows, in which case try to run it in compatibility mode for windows 7

Message 8 of 9 (902 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry to bring this thread back, but I'm having a similar problem on my Mac. I'm running 10.14 Mojave (and haven't updated to 10.15 Catalina so I can keep 32-bit app compatibility to play Spore). My game was working fine aside from launcher issues and not being able to log into the Spore servers. But when I registered my game to Origin a few months ago, I got a bunch of graphical artifacts and white boxes.

- Like OP, the SPORE name gets replaced with a white rectangle if I skip the intro

- Sporepedia gets whited out, so I can't see previews of creations (see attached screenshots)

- I haven't played any other stages since the issue started, but in space stage, the entire lower bar and all the planet maps are white and unreadable

- Icons have graphical artifacts, like check marks and some icons in the creature creator

The white boxes make the game almost unplayable. Not sure how to fix them, and I'm worried an uninstall/reinstall might break the game given the workarounds I have to use just to be able to launch it on 10.14 Mojave. I tried pulling from a Time Machine backup and replacing game files with older versions, but it didn't work.

Message 9 of 9 (633 Views)