Spore won't open(via Steam)

by MRESpore

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore won't open(via Steam)

★ Novice

So, I bought the game 1-2 months back using steam. It was working until i updated some Windows updates(There were a lot of them). What problem i have is the game launches with a black screen then closes with an error "Spore not responding". Can you please help me i love this game!

Message 1 of 5 (10,667 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Spore won't open(via Steam)

Hi @MRESpore,

You can fixed it in two ways

1. Go to Spore.app right click and select properties then set compatibility mode and choose a Windows 95, or Win 7

Next step is a bit more challenging. For this you must be the admin of the machine, all the hidden folder must be visible. ->  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7

1. Go to C:// User/ Program files (86x) /AppData/Roaming/Spore/Games

Move the “game0.old“ file on your desktop and start the game again. When the game starts without problems, then is your old Saved Games broken. This can happen with larger Windows updates like this one. Its better if you always have a backup of these files.

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (11,104 Views)

All Replies

Hi @MRESpore,

You can fixed it in two ways

1. Go to Spore.app right click and select properties then set compatibility mode and choose a Windows 95, or Win 7

Next step is a bit more challenging. For this you must be the admin of the machine, all the hidden folder must be visible. ->  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7

1. Go to C:// User/ Program files (86x) /AppData/Roaming/Spore/Games

Move the “game0.old“ file on your desktop and start the game again. When the game starts without problems, then is your old Saved Games broken. This can happen with larger Windows updates like this one. Its better if you always have a backup of these files.

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.

Message 2 of 5 (11,105 Views)

★ Novice

OMG THANK YOU A LOT

Message 3 of 5 (10,600 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Where do you find the spore.app?
Message 4 of 5 (9,678 Views)

[ Edited ]

@pugsley23 Hi

Spore App is located C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Sporebin

Message 5 of 5 (9,659 Views)