Re: Spore won't launch on Mac OS Mojave

by bwdebeck

Original Post

Spore won't launch on Mac OS Mojave

★★★ Newbie

Spore refuses to open on Mac OS Mojave, even though nowhere has spore specified that it won't work on this version of Mac.

Message 1 of 10 (3,631 Views)

@markmerc66  Hi

It’s working on this version, but is having hard.
Please jump to the MAC FAQ and try the tips there

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/...

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 2 of 10 (3,578 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. Running on a 2017 pro model with Mojave, spore absolutely refuses to launch. Just keeps giving me the "quiet unexpectedly" popup. The relevant link in the offered Mac FAQ topic is broken, and all other things from that thread that I've tried have also been broken. 

Message 3 of 10 (3,220 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Sunwhiskers I've been having the exact same issue... have you managed to solve the problem?
Message 4 of 10 (2,896 Views)

Hi

Have you ever tried to launch the game via the cider exe. Disabled Spore in Origin by right-clicking on the Spore cover

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 5 of 10 (2,878 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue and yes, I have tried it through the cider file as well.  I bought the game when quarantine started and have been unable to play even going through all of your guides.  Although some link to a website that no longer exist fyi.  I'm not sure what is wrong with it and I'm a software engineer myself.

Message 6 of 10 (2,734 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, on my Mac OS Mojave, I have been having extensive problems as well. Everytime I try to launch Spore from Origin, a pop up window appears that says "Spore Quit Unexpectedly". I have updated my software updates on my computer. I have downloaded the new version of Origin, the legacy version. I have disabled origin in the game and that still didn't work. I have tried to find cider in order to successfully launch Spore but I cannot find it in my computer. I have tried literally everything else on all of the forums and have had no success. Is there any advice or help that anyone has that can help me launch Spore?

Message 7 of 10 (2,608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have same issue too on my mac. Please help Frown

Message 8 of 10 (2,560 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I installed the game through my hard copy and cider exe was the only way for me to launch Spore. Today, I was able to claim my game on Origin thanks to EA Chat Advisor and now I can launch it through Origin without any problems. I am also on Mojave. Maybe try to install from CD if you still have it? Also no clue if these two things are connected at all...

You can find cider by going into Applications > Spore > Right Click Spore to open Package Contents > Contents > MacOS > cider_noui

Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 10 (2,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i am having launch failure and even the cider noui didn't work. i installed the game from a disc my son bought when spore first came out. after finishing the install from the disc i installed all the patches. i'm on a mac running high sierra. very frustrating.
Message 10 of 10 (1,964 Views)