Original Post

Spore will not run windows 10

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Spore will not run windows 10  Help

Message 1 of 20 (47,251 Views)

Re: Spore will not run windows 10

Hero (Retired)

@Lemasterd I gave your post a title, put something relevant next time.

Also, You have added no info on your problem, a blank post will not get your issue fixed. Consider editing and adding some details so we can help you.

Message 2 of 20 (47,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I installed Sore on our 3yo Toshiba laptop running Win10, with all updates. It ran immediately after installing but hasn't worked since.
I then installed it on another Toshiba Win10 laptop (new), with all updates and again it ran immediately after installing but hasn't worked since.
"Spore has stopped working" before UI launches.
Message 3 of 20 (46,907 Views)

Hi @ir-ghosts

Launch the game in windowed mode, use it to compatibility mode.

1. Right click on the Spore icon and exe
  2. Properties
  3. Choose compatibility tab
  4. Choose a Windows Version
  5. And set a flag in “Run this program as an administrator”
  6. Say okay
  7. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Read this post, it can also be a problem of your processor.

https://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/79539.page

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 4 of 20 (46,890 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

ok so I bought a disc of spore online and I downloaded ever thing but when I put in the disc nothing happens and when I try to open it manualy it dosent work it dose nothing and don't forget I have the disc in

Message 5 of 20 (46,608 Views)

★★★ Novice

G'day

I'm having a similar issue with Spore (I'm trying to get it to work for my daughter to play.) I'm using a new laptop with windows 10 and while the game installs fine (only have base game and galactic adventures) no desktop icon comes up and the game isn't located in the games folder for me to make a copy of said icon onto the desktop. I don't have the option to downgrade the OS however I can't change compatibility modes for the game unless i find the icon. After several installs, it still won't create one. I am aware my copy is about 7 years old and doesn't let me redeem it's code on the EA store anymore (I've been trying in hopes I can get a desktop icon that way) but i've heard people have had this issue with downloaded copies that are more recent as well and was wondering if it had something to do with windows 10 itself.

I would love some help as my daughter really wants to play this game.

thank you, meika

Message 6 of 20 (46,519 Views)

hi @Meikahidenori

Look in this post, there is a detailed guide how to create a desktop icon from GA.

https://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/47322.page

I hope this will help you!

~Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.

Message 7 of 20 (46,509 Views)

★★★ Newbie

where can I find spore icon and exe? I have looked at everything on my laptop and tried all but none seem to work.

Message 8 of 20 (45,849 Views)

@Koendog Hi,

They's  located under C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE 

via Origin

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore\SporeBin\SporeApp.exe

~Liz

Message 9 of 20 (45,839 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello friends of gaming,

I am not sure if my issue exactly meets the initial topic, but there are maybe correlations so I tell you my story.

Yesterday I bought Spore (basic version) via Steam. As the game didn't run I searched for answers and found out that there is a problem in general considering registry data as the Steam version still tries to register as if it was the regular version, so the values are incorrect. My knowledge in working with registry is about 0.000001% (less than a bloody beginner) so  I added all values that are  told to be correct for the Steam version  in all key paths I had found. There is still this problem (errors  2000 and 1004).

I do use Windows 10. It may be the case that registry works different than for earlier Windows OSs, or that Spore doesn't run at all even if the registry is fine.  I also tried to run it with compatibility mode for Wndows 8 and as an admin. Instead of launching I was immediately asked if the problem was solved. Of course not.

This is my current state. Would love to get some feedback! Standard smile

PS: I have 64 bit  if this information is necessary.

Message 10 of 20 (31,849 Views)