Re: Spore will not run windows 10

by The_Names_James3

Original Post

@Wuzzituzzi Hi

The 2000 and 1004 error often happens in conjunction with the Steam Client.

If this error happens, you should contact the community there. 

Otherwise jump into this topic below. There are some details on how to bring the game to Origin. This is the client of EA and will be officially supported here.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Solution-Spore-for-Steam-Can-t-log-in-to-servers/m-p...

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 11 of 20 (3,888 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Well, thank you for just taking your time to reply.

I've scrolled a bit through your linked topic,  so I thought I could install that origin client. But I don't know where exactly to get the  "CD key". In Steam --> Spore I haven't found anything about  a CD key.

Message 12 of 20 (3,864 Views)

Did not you receive an bill via email from Steam, where this is written. As I said for this you have to contact the support of Steam.

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 13 of 20 (3,852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I did receive a bill via email, but there is nothing mentioned about a CD key.

Alrighty then. I'm gonna contact the Steam support. But thank you a lot for you  help, much appreciated! Standard smile

EDIT: All suggested supporting addreses on Steam lead back to  Answer HQ. Steam itself seems to refuse giving support.

Message 14 of 20 (3,846 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Freggi-Liz There is no compatibility tab showing up. Could you give me more than the copy-pasted repsonse?
Message 15 of 20 (3,375 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What windows edition should I run spore on in compatibility mode? Thanks.

Message 16 of 20 (2,913 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Just found the from awhile ago and decided to play it again, This was the only thing that worked for me. Thanks

Message 17 of 20 (2,330 Views)

★ Novice

A lot of these comments are in target, but the replies are amateurish and often what we already have done.

If you do not know what you are talking about beyond the simple Admin or Compatibility setting for any Windows file, please abstain from trying to appear as some expert. We are here because we already have tried these simple things any Windows User already knows.

Message 18 of 20 (1,938 Views)

I've recently been trying to get Spore GA to work via Steam (and was successful!)

Steam defaults to launching in fullscreen mode, but you can get it to launch in windowed mode by going into your "C:\Users\"insert account name"\AppData\Roaming\Spore\Preferences" folder, opening "Preferences.prop" and changing "OptionFullScreen 1" to "OptionFullScreen 0".

This was the only change I needed to perform in my case to get Spore to work; I haven't located these steps in any of the posts I read here however, perhaps it would be worth including in https://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/m-p/4802582#M596... ?

Message 19 of 20 (1,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, I'm having issues launching the game. I have the game on steam and on a launcher called GOG.

Whenever I launch the game on either one it will boot up, crash, and not work properly after until I uninstall and reinstall the game. Thankfully steam knows this and after launching and crashing it will do a quick update of some sort and if I press play a 2nd time it will launch only to crash again after a second or 2. I've tried everything you've recommended but it just won't work. The user above me posted about changing your fullscreen preference from 1 to 0 but for me the map User/AppData/Roaming/Sport/Preferences is empty.

I get the feeling that my windows 10 doesn't support spore at all or that steam isn't installing it in the right place or something. When I open spore through steam in the split second before it crashes I can open the properties to select an operating system but the most recent system it offers is Windows 8. Maybe this is why it crashes? I honestly have been trying to get this game to run for many hours now but I just can't figure it out. My map in steam doesn't display the game at all the only thing I see is a map called steam_appid which is a text document with a few numbers in it and I don't know what They mean. My electronic arts map is empty besides the maps 'EA Desktop' and 'outdated EADesktop' I also came across a map with a bunch of manuals in different languages with system requirements and stuff like that. And when I open the map 'SporeBin' there is no sign of a Spore.exe file.

I even went as far as to purchase EA-play on my Mac on origin (it doesn't share EA-play if you previously bought it on another launcher for some weird reason) only to realise my MacBook Pro doesn't support 32 bit games and I read about this software called Mojave to help launch programs that run on 32 bit in newer Mac OS versions but this Mac doesn't support that program anymore. I've read that I can completely delete all my data to install an older version and maybe that will do the trick but I don't want to lose all my data for obvious reasons. I really enjoyed this game when I was younger and I figured why not go back to it for a little while but I've not been able to launch it properly once. I hope someone can help me with this since I do enjoy this game quite a lot.

Message 20 of 20 (821 Views)