Re: Spore will not launch - wrong graphics card?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Spore will not launch - wrong graphics card?

★★★ Newbie

Spore will not launch

Will I ever be able to play the game Spore?  I have tried everything but was finally told that I have the wrong graphics card. I have a 

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 on a 2018 Macbook Pro. Will they ever update the game to run on this card? Or is it time to give up?

Message 1 of 3 (613 Views)
Highlighted

@Musician91  I've moved your post to the Spore tech forum.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Musician91 wrote:

Spore will not launch

Will I ever be able to play the game Spore?  I have tried everything but was finally told that I have the wrong graphics card. I have a 

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 on a 2018 Macbook Pro. Will they ever update the game to run on this card? Or is it time to give up?

The game will recognize the card, however there are several reasons why it does not start. The game has no GraphicsCards.sgr and GraphicsRules.sgr in this sense, as the Sims 3. When you start the game, you have to see that you have disabled Orign in the game.

You have to change the info.plist. Do a backup of this file first, before you change it

Change the back puffer into the config

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/SPORE-TO-MAC/td-p/5034142

Start the game over one of the cider exce. See my instructions here

The game will recognize the card, however there are several reasons why it does not start. The game has no GraphicsCards.sgr and GraphicsRules.sgr in this sense like the Sims 3. When you start the game,take a look and  disabled Orign in the game.

Press the cover in Origin with right-click and navigate under Game Properties

If you are in the game then, go immediately under Graphics Settings. Change the graphics and play the game in the window mode.

If all this didn’t  help. Spore is an older game and will not be updated.

Therefore, it has problems with the new MacOs firmeware, especially on Mojova.

The game runs stable under Yosemite, Sierra. I myself play Sierra on a MBP 2015 without any problems

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 3 of 3 (559 Views)