Spore will no longer work and I cannot find a solution that works

by RageMage117

Original Post

Spore will no longer work and I cannot find a solution that works

★★★ Newbie

I have been browsing this site, reddit, and the EA page for this game and have found multiple people with my exact problem.
The first time I got this computer, I ran the game and it played well. No issues whatsoever.
I tried running the game a few months ago and it didn't work. Strange, but maybe it was to do with the instability my computer had at the time.
With that fixed, I tried again. Same problem. Doesn't even show the EA logo. Cuts to black, stays for a few seconds, automatically closes.
Checked the integrity of the game files. "1 file missing. It will be reinstalled shortly"
Waited an hour. Tried again. Same issue.
Checked integrity of game files. Same error.
Uninstalled the game completely, reinstalled it, and launched it. Same issue. Just automatically closes.
Set to run as admin. Same issue Tested in compatibility mode, same issue. Tested at lower resolution, same issue. Tested the combination of the two, same issue. Disabled all background applications and restarted my PC, needed steam. Re-enabled steam. Back to same issue. Re-enabled a few other things that were said to be needed [such as nvidea], same issue.
I really, really want to play the game again.
Please help me.

Message 1 of 4 (553 Views)

Betreff: Spore will no longer work and I cannot find a solution that works

Hi @RageMage117 

Unfortunately, I can not help you in detail because I have no experience with Steam. Did you read this FAQ and tried the tips?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/...

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 2 of 4 (530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sadly, yes I have gone through the tips and none of them have worked so far.
I've never had the creature creator to begin with as well so uninstalling that is not an option.
I have also tried deleting the graphics cache but that hasn't worked either.

Message 3 of 4 (513 Views)

Did you delete the temporary cache from the PC!

Take a look into nstructions
Disk Cleanup in Windows 10
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026616/windows-10-disk-cleanup

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 4 of 4 (481 Views)