Spore keeps freezing after around five minutes of gameplay?

by xelgringoloco

Original Post

Spore keeps freezing after around five minutes of gameplay?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My computer can run much more demanding games flawlessly so its not a problem with my specs but after about 5 minutes gameplay of Spore freezes and its incredibally irratating. Im using Steam and not Origin to avoid complication also. Any help here?

Message 1 of 4 (702 Views)

Re: Spore keeps freezing after around five minutes of gameplay?

★★★ Newbie

It might be a problem with you using Steam instead of Origin, but idk about that. Have you updated your game to the newest patch? If not that could be the problem. I'm no Maxis employee though, so I can't give any diffenitive answer.

Message 2 of 4 (697 Views)

★ Novice

its not because im using Steam I bought it from the Steam store, and I also bought it yesterday so it must be fully updated as I downloaded last night.

Message 3 of 4 (695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Sometimes if you buy and run a game from a different buyer than the original one, It can cause changes in the game. If not that, then maybe some of the files are not right or are corrupted. My best solution is delete everything and reinstall it. If the problem continues, check to see if your graphics card is not damages or is having a problem trying to 'read' the game.

Message 4 of 4 (662 Views)