Spore keeps crashing in first space mission

by Thijrut

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore keeps crashing in first space mission

★ Novice

Spore seems to continue to crash everytime i get to the destroyed colony during the mission you get from the start of the space stage. Everytime you scan the ruined colony you're supposed to get a cutscene and some hostile attackers should spawn, but instead my game freezes and crashes, no error message or anything.

I have tried:

-removing my mod

-reinstalling my mod

-reinstalling spore

-clearing game cache

Nothing seems to work. The only other consistent crash i had during my playthrough was fixed by reinstalling my platinumspore mod, but that doesnt work in this case. Anyone have any idea what could be the cause?

Message 1 of 9 (3,469 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Spore keeps crashing in first space mission

★★ Novice

@Freggi-Liz wrote:

Hi @Jessiewts2

Do not reduce the ingame cache.

Better to delete the cache file in the game.
If this is too large, can the game crashes every time.

Jump in this post,you'll find there the instructions

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/...

It worked! I am now past the mission! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (3,204 Views)

All Replies

Hi @Thijrut

Even if you've removed the mod, your saved game may be destroyed.
You should use Mods with caution and understand there may be risk.

Here only helps complete deinstallation of the game and don't use old  saved game

/Liz

@Thijrut wrote:

Spore seems to continue to crash everytime i get to the destroyed colony during the mission you get from the start of the space stage. Everytime you scan the ruined colony you're supposed to get a cutscene and some hostile attackers should spawn, but instead my game freezes and crashes, no error message or anything.

I have tried:

-removing my mod

-reinstalling my mod

-reinstalling spore

-clearing game cache

Nothing seems to work. The only other consistent crash i had during my playthrough was fixed by reinstalling my platinumspore mod, but that doesnt work in this case. Anyone have any idea what could be the cause?

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 2 of 9 (3,437 Views)

★ Novice

Ah yes.

Well i forgot to mention that I have also tried starting a new game in space stage without any mods. I still end up with the same crash. So it seems to me that the problem here is vanilla spore, or am i missing something obvious here?

Message 3 of 9 (3,432 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same is happening to me....but also in the other stages! Creature, Cell, Tribal, Civ, and Space stages!

Message 4 of 9 (3,405 Views)

★★★ Newbie
And me too
Message 5 of 9 (3,283 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same issue. I can fly around all day with no problems ( as well as go through ALL the other stages, no prob) but as soon as I scan the ruins on that first mission, it crashes and goes back to desktop. No error codes, no messages, nothing, just screen flash...there's the desktop.

Bought the game when it first came out, no expansions, no mods. As far as I can tell my system is up to date and is running Win 10. I've reduced the graphics, reinstalled the game and still can't fix the issue. I've searched the original Spore forum but its time consuming because the search feature returns a ton of results for each word instead of searching for phrases.

Let me know if anyone finds a solution. I will keep trying....

Message 6 of 9 (3,223 Views)

Hi @Jessiewts2

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/...

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

———-
Message 7 of 9 (3,215 Views)

★★ Novice

@Freggi-Liz wrote:

Hi @Jessiewts2

It worked! I am now past the mission! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

Message 8 of 9 (3,205 Views)

@Jessiewts2 Hi,

thanks for your kind feedback. Have fun and enjoy the game.

———-
Message 9 of 9 (3,189 Views)