Spore isn't compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina

by arthrfrts

Original Post

Spore isn't compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina

★ Guide

Hello Spore fans!

Just a heads up that Spore and its expansion pack Galactic Adventures isn't compatible with the newest version of macOS (10.15 “Catalina”). The game is a 32 bit app and starting with 10.15 macOS will only support 64 bit apps. I don't know if EA will make a 64 bit version of the game for macOS users (I'm afraid they'll not), so if you want to keep playing Spore you will need to consider using an older computer or installing Windows through Boot Camp or using a virtual machine.

That's a very sad news and I hope we can find a way to keep playing Spore for many years to come!

Message 1 of 18 (16,897 Views)

Re: Spore isn't compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina

Agree

The best thing is to play the game on his old macos. I continue to do it on my El Cap.
Up to High Sierra I would recommend, because until then Spore makes the fewest problems

I do not recommend Windows 10 and Bootcamp, because it makes the most problems again

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 18 (16,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hope they will update the game to Mac OS Sierra, because they would have a chance to overwork the bugs and a lot of players would love to have the possibility to play this game.. Spore is an all time favorite. When I played Spore on older Mac's, it wasn't the best experience. I needed to turn down the graphics etc. and nevertheless the game crashed often after a few minutes. 

So I'm really hoping that EA will fix this for us, because I haven't played for years Frown

Message 3 of 18 (16,094 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can i get a refund? i spent money on the game now i cant play.....

Message 4 of 18 (15,195 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Boy, it would have saved me an hour of my time if any of the support people had been aware of this. Frown

Message 5 of 18 (15,053 Views)

★ Guide
@suzannemorss They added a very small notice in the Origin client when you update to Catalina. Still, it's easy to miss and I believe it disappears after some time. It sucks, I would love to keep playing it in my laptop Frown
Message 6 of 18 (14,852 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm guessing this is true for Spore bought/downloaded via Origin?

Message 7 of 18 (13,549 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes, it just is not compatible with a 64 bit processor. Astounding.

Message 8 of 18 (12,988 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I wasn't updating, I was on Catalina, and did not see any notice on the download page for Origin. 

Message 9 of 18 (12,987 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You should definitely ask for a refund.

Message 10 of 18 (12,986 Views)