Betreff: Spore installed in wrong language

by MorrysIllusion

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore installed in wrong language

★★★ Apprentice

so, i have owned spore since it came out and i bought it at gamestop. ive always installed it in English with no problem, until i got it into my Origin library

when i installed the game through origin, it asked my language and i chose english but when i opened up the game everything was japanese! the images with text and any other tabs were all japanese. i dont even know japanese. 

i need to know why this is happened as i have uninstalled it numerous times.

my PC's locale is set to "japanese" and i generally need to avoid changing that as itll mess up a very important program on my computer... i dont know WHY it is installing it in japanese, when i played Spore through Steam and it did not have this issue when my PC's locale was on japanese.

Message 1 of 9 (2,010 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Odds are, the instructions provided at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Spore-from-Origin-in-Japanese/m-p/4661911/highlight/... probably didn't work because whoever posted that got the command line option's name wrong. It's "-locale:en-us", not "-L:en-us".

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (1,993 Views)

All Replies

Hi @MorrysIllusion

Please follow this guide, there is a detailed solution

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Spore-from-Origin-in-Japanese/m-p/4661911/highlight/...

/Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 2 of 9 (1,987 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

this did not solve my problem 100%, some of it has been translated to english but not all- the rest of the UI and almost all text boxes are in japanese.

for clarification, here are some parts that remain in japanese (text boxes for things like the tutorial for GA are in japanese, making many aspects quite unplayable since i cant read it)

jpnimage3.PNG

jpnimage2.PNG

jpnimage1.PNG

Message 3 of 9 (1,979 Views)

[ Edited ]

Check if you have the language in Origin in English under Settings

https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/how-to-change-your-language-settings-in-origin/

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 4 of 9 (1,953 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yes, my origin client is definitely on english.

Message 5 of 9 (1,940 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Odds are, the instructions provided at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Spore-from-Origin-in-Japanese/m-p/4661911/highlight/... probably didn't work because whoever posted that got the command line option's name wrong. It's "-locale:en-us", not "-L:en-us".

Message 6 of 9 (1,994 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

thank you. surprising how simple it really was, but it just wasnt working before because no one over here seemed to have the right info... 

Message 7 of 9 (1,912 Views)

Community Manager

@Rob55Rod Well caught, the old post is updated now. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 9 (1,870 Views)

Re: Spore installed in wrong language

★★★ Novice

Japanese?

I actually would love to play it in Japanese. Since I’m studying the language.

Message 9 of 9 (1,855 Views)