Spore in game Cursor in the wrong spot, clicks about 4 inches below where the ar

by charliegrape888

Original Post

Spore in game Cursor in the wrong spot, clicks about 4 inches below where the ar

★★ Novice

Spore in game Cursor in the wrong spot, clicks about 4 inches below where the arrow is. Anybody have this issue? Seemed to start happening after macOS High Sierra update.

I'm on a:

MacBook Pro

macOS High Sierra

version 10.13.1

Message 1 of 7 (2,967 Views)

Re: Spore in game Cursor in the wrong spot, clicks about 4 inches below where th

@charliegrape888 Hi

Do not play the game in full screen mode. Change the screen resolution in the game and select to windowed mode.
Save the new settings and start the game again

~Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 2 of 7 (2,943 Views)

Re: Spore in game Cursor in the wrong spot, clicks about 4 inches below where th

Community Manager

@charliegrape888Are you still having the issue or did @Freggi-Liz advise sort the issue?

Darko.png
Message 3 of 7 (2,929 Views)

★★ Novice
Last time I tried to change the resolution the whole game crashed and became unplayable. I wasn’t able to play it without making an admin account and reinstalling it on there. I’m going to try it anyway but which resolution should I choose? I’m on a 13in MacBook Pro. Thanks for the tips
Message 4 of 7 (2,887 Views)

[ Edited ]

@charliegrape888@EA_Darko Hi

Never switch to screen mode with ⌘ and Return before you have not changed the setting into game.

This will freeze your game, but you can end it at any time  via Apple key,

This is the best setting for MBP 13 inch. I use it myself on my early 2015 with High Sierra. Standard smile

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

———-
Message 5 of 7 (2,870 Views)

★ Novice
How can I change the screen resolution without using that menu? My cursor doesn't go far down enough to click the drop down menu Frown
Message 6 of 7 (2,670 Views)

Please jump into this topic, there are some tips @sammypisaygnane

When the game is loaded. Switch to window mode with cmd and enter, then go to settings and change the screen resolution

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/m-p/4802582#M596...

/Liz

———-
Message 7 of 7 (2,662 Views)