Re: Spore from Origin in Japanese

by bjpiers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore from Origin in Japanese

★★★ Newbie
I bought and installed Spore from origin but the whole thing is in Japanese. I have tried to re-install it but that doesn't change anything. I have tried to change it by going throgh properties from the shortcut but it didn't change anything. Please tell me if I am doing something wrong. Every other question like this has not helped me as the answers don't fix the problem.
Message 1 of 3 (2,595 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Do you by chance live in Japan? Origin has a bad habit of linking to whatever country you're in regardless of if you're actually from that country or not. I had this issue when I lived in Germany. Everything on Origin would be in German and cost euros even though I set the settings to english. However I didn't have the same problem with my one game that I got on Origin... 

Have you tried using this method? (Copied from the Sporum)

"It should be the same as a PC add –locale:en-us or –locale:en-gb to the end of the shortcut.

PC Example :"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Sporebin\SporeApp.exe" -locale:en-us

The Languages support are as follows.
cz-cz: Czech
da-dk: Danish
de-de: German
el-gr: Greek
en-gb: British
en-us: American English
es-es: Spanish
fi-fi: Finnish
fr-fr: French
hu-hu: Hungarian
it-it: Italian
nl-nl: Dutch
no-no: Norwegian
pl-pl: Polish
pt-br: Brazilian
pt-pt: Portuguese
ru-ru: Russian
sv-se: Swedish" - Trambam

Oddly Japanese isn't on there... But maybe that will let you change the language.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (2,795 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Do you by chance live in Japan? Origin has a bad habit of linking to whatever country you're in regardless of if you're actually from that country or not. I had this issue when I lived in Germany. Everything on Origin would be in German and cost euros even though I set the settings to english. However I didn't have the same problem with my one game that I got on Origin... 

Have you tried using this method? (Copied from the Sporum)

"It should be the same as a PC add –locale:en-us or –locale:en-gb to the end of the shortcut.

PC Example :"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Sporebin\SporeApp.exe" -locale:en-us

The Languages support are as follows.
cz-cz: Czech
da-dk: Danish
de-de: German
el-gr: Greek
en-gb: British
en-us: American English
es-es: Spanish
fi-fi: Finnish
fr-fr: French
hu-hu: Hungarian
it-it: Italian
nl-nl: Dutch
no-no: Norwegian
pl-pl: Polish
pt-br: Brazilian
pt-pt: Portuguese
ru-ru: Russian
sv-se: Swedish" - Trambam

Oddly Japanese isn't on there... But maybe that will let you change the language.

Message 2 of 3 (2,796 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I use a PC, but I don't see an "SporeApp.exe) file, just the app file: "SporeApp", where exactly do I had the "locale:de-de" extension to have the game in German, rather than in English?

Thank you

Georges

Message 3 of 3 (1,611 Views)