Betreff: Spore creations not showing up

by Freggi-Liz

Original Post

Spore creations not showing up

★ Novice

I recently re-installed spore for a revisit and I've noticed that most of my creations are gone! The missing creations do appear on my sporepedia however they have a red crossed out symbol in the top left corner (A picture of one of my "missing" adventures is shown). I know I can go into the editor and re-publish them as new creations, but I don't want to lose all the data and comments I have on everything way back from as early as 2010. Does anyone know of another way to fix this issue?

Message 1 of 5 (5,456 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hi @sporeohol 

Ok the error occurs in your ingame Sporepedia.

Sporepedia online everything is there, here's a shot.

This may be the following error. You probably have not recovered all the folders correctly, you're missing a part of what you used in this adventure game back then. Did you used mods back then or did you use a modified creature from another player?

These folders must also be restored when you open the game once.

C / Username / AppDate / Roaming / Spore

C:/ Documents/Your Spore Creations

They also contain game files that are important if you wanna play with your old Saved Games

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 2 of 5 (5,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Alright, so I checked my files and the "Your Spore Creations" folder is not there. And no I have not used any mods then and I am not using any mods currently. Should there be a way to manually restore this folder?

Update: I did eventually find the My Spore Creations (I was searching for "Your Spore Creations" instead of "My Spore Creations") and everything seems to be in order except for most of my adventures. And a lot of my other creations got completely wiped.

Also a lot of other people's adventures are unavailable to me, as they also have the red cross out symbol in the corner.

Message 3 of 5 (5,418 Views)

[ Edited ]

@sporeohol If you have a lot of Spore creations in in-gameSporepedia, they will be slowly loaded.

What can you do.
Expand the in-game cache in Spore under settings
Delete the Graphic Cache in Spore.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/...

Navigate to Spore directory, in% appdata% / Roaming / Spore and find the Pollination.package. She is the in-game sporepedia. Drag it out of the folder and put it on the desktop. Start the game again and the game will load everything again

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 4 of 5 (5,396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dragging the Pollination.package to the desktop made spore unable to boot up at all.

Message 5 of 5 (2,017 Views)