Spore crashing on MacOS Mojave

by Cowvin1234

Original Post

Re: Spore crashing on MacOS Mojave

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue on my girlfriends mac, I have no idea how it fixed it self but in the ~/Applications/Spore.app/Contents/MacOS/ there is a executable called tgUpdate right after i pressed it I pressed on the cider_noui executable and somehow it booted the game. (Just to make sure also edit your Info.plist to have CFBundleExecutable set to cider_noui also disabled the Origin in Game)

Hope it works for ya ! @HannahABarr 

Message 11 of 17 (1,212 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Was this on OS Mojave though @Skullznbone ? because things have changed a lot since sierra and I wanna make sure this will work before I go buying it back as the price went up (I got a refund for it not working but will get it back if it will work)

Message 12 of 17 (1,193 Views)

★★★ Newbie

no Frown tried everything

Message 13 of 17 (1,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey @Freggi-Liz I read your sight and your comments but cider does not exist on my computer. Is it supposed to already be there or do I need to download it?

Message 14 of 17 (888 Views)

Hi @TurtlesDude 

With Mojave ended the area with the cider exce on Mac. Nope you cannot download them somewhere Standard smile

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 15 of 17 (877 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have the solution to make SPORE work on mojave!

Message 16 of 17 (601 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please share?

Message 17 of 17 (554 Views)