Spore crashes whenever I attempt to launch it.

by FiatMcNuggets

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore crashes whenever I attempt to launch it.

★★ Novice

Whenever I try to launch Spore, my screen turns black for 15-20 seconds before it closes the tab abruptly, presumably a crash. I've been playing spore for the last couple of weeks, and only now did I have this issue arise. I've tried running Spore on both Origin and Steam, and they both have the same result. I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing both of the games and even wiping my saved data for spore entirely, and nothing has worked. Any help or advice regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (3,052 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Spore crashes whenever I attempt to launch it.

Community Manager

Hey @FiatMcNuggets Can you try going through the following steps?

• Check for Windows and GPU updates  
  • Allowing Origin and Sporethrough your anti-virus or firewall  
  • Run Origin and Spore as an administrator (by right-clicking desktop icons and selecting 'run as admin")  
  • Try the Game in Compatibility settings  
  • Repair - Origin Clear Origin Cache  
  • Disable Origin in-game overlay  
  • Clean Boot 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (2,977 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@FiatMcNuggets Do you currently have it installed via Origin or Steam? Also, are you using mods with Spore?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 5 (3,021 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Illium I have Spore for both Origin and Steam, but I don't have them installed simultaneously. I've had the Spore ModAPI, Bacterioid and Force Save Mod installed, but these mods didn't cause any issues. I later tried to Install the Infinte Part Scaling Mod and Universal Property Enhancer mods, this is when the issue began. I uninstalled all of my mods, deleted all of my data on Spore and re-installed spore several times, none of it worked and the problem still persists.

Message 3 of 5 (3,012 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @FiatMcNuggets Can you try going through the following steps?

• Check for Windows and GPU updates  
  • Allowing Origin and Sporethrough your anti-virus or firewall  
  • Run Origin and Spore as an administrator (by right-clicking desktop icons and selecting 'run as admin")  
  • Try the Game in Compatibility settings  
  • Repair - Origin Clear Origin Cache  
  • Disable Origin in-game overlay  
  • Clean Boot 

Illium.png

Message 4 of 5 (2,978 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium Hallo, wir haben das gleiche Problem. Stürzt immer wieder ab obwohl es die letzten Monate einwandfrei gelaufen ist. Haben auch schon versucht alles auszuführen was geraten wurde und nichts funktioniert.

Bitte um Hilfe
Danke
Message 5 of 5 (2,797 Views)