Spore Won't Launch, MacBook Pro

by Jimbob_Cupz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore Won't Launch, MacBook Pro

★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

I recently bought Spore from the Origin site, and as soon as it downloaded, went to play it. As soon as I clicked on 'play' however, a message popped up saying that the application had crashed. I've been poking around on different forums all morning, but can't find anything that has been helpful. Please help!

Message 1 of 13 (18,968 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Spore Won't Launch, MacBook Pro

@Jimbob_Cupz Hi

please jump into sticky post

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/m-p/4802582#M5969

You'll find there some solutions

~Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (20,225 Views)

All Replies

@Jimbob_Cupz Hi

please jump into sticky post

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/m-p/4802582#M5969

You'll find there some solutions

~Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

———-
Message 2 of 13 (20,226 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. Been combing the sticky post and NOTHING works. 

Message 3 of 13 (18,914 Views)

★ Novice
I have tried everything at least twice! EA support useless! I am running the latest OS on an i7 MacBook Pro and SPORE just refuses to load. Any thoughts?
Message 4 of 13 (18,603 Views)

[ Edited ]

Robster4104 skrev:
I have tried everything at least twice! EA support useless! I am running the latest OS on an i7 MacBook Pro and SPORE just refuses to load. Any thoughts?

How can I understand your question? Does not load the game through Origin or won't start it through Origin. I have on my private gaming site for Mac the settings which are suitable for Mac

———-
Message 5 of 13 (18,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi -

First of all, thank you for your help and time in putting together these posts. I'm having the same issue, and have tried everything in the sticky post. Nothing works. The only thing I can't try is editing the Spore Preferences folder...but I have no folder. 

Is there anything else to be done, or am I just out of luck?

Message 6 of 13 (18,465 Views)

@0UMusicKitten skrev:

Hi -

First of all, thank you for your help and time in putting together these posts. I'm having the same issue, and have tried everything in the sticky post. Nothing works. The only thing I can't try is editing the Spore Preferences folder...but I have no folder. 

Is there anything else to be done, or am I just out of luck?

Hi @0UMusicKitten

I'm sorry if the tips did not help. Spore is an older game, so it may be incompatible with your graphics processor (on the newer Mac models). On older Mac models runs the game fine, even under High Sierra.

If nothing helped, please feel free and contact a game advisor

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

~Liz

———-
Message 7 of 13 (18,454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for your help and reply!

Message 8 of 13 (18,433 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you fix this?

Message 9 of 13 (17,582 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had a similar issue.. when I bought the game it installed no problem but when I went to launch it it got stuck on the login screen and I could never get past it, I even had to hard reboot because it locked up my entire system. After spending a little over an hour on the phone with support we determined that it just won’t run on my MacBook Pro. We ended up doing a refund sadly.. I don’t know of any other way to play it aside from using an older computer Frown

Message 10 of 13 (17,361 Views)