Re: Spore Won't Launch, MacBook Pro 2018

by Freggi-Liz

Original Post

Spore Won't Launch, MacBook Pro 2018

★ Novice

So I just downloaded Spore on my new 2018 MacBook pro and it won't run, I've gone through different forums but they all seem a bit outdated

i downloaded through Origins and it doesn't allow me to uninstall patches and when I go into the game files the things I'm looking for arent there. starting to get a bit annoyed.

Anyone have any tips? or is my laptop just too new to run? Surely EA should fix this issue allowing the game to actually run!!!

Message 1 of 4 (1,101 Views)

@lilyf92 moved your post to the Spore boards, as is more likely to get the needed help there.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 4 (1,069 Views)

@ivrognard thanks that you have moved the topic, I pushed it now in the right forum. Bugs & Technical Issue

@lilyf92

Please jump into this topic, there you will find some solutions

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/...

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 3 of 4 (1,030 Views)

★ Guide
@lilyf92 I just reinstalled my game on my MacBook and it's working fine. Spore was updated in early 2017 and now the Origin install already applies all the patches for you, so you don't need to update anything.

Do you know if the app starts and then crashes or you click in the Spore app and nothing happens?
Message 4 of 4 (1,015 Views)