Betreff: Spore: Save Data Erased?

by CandyCornCC

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore: Save Data Erased?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Last night, I resumed to my creature in spore.  I got pretty far, almost reaching the tribal stage, so I saved the game there and exited because I had to get rest for tomorrow.  Today, I came back to the game, started it, and for some reason all of my save data was gone!  There were three planets with creatures in them, and all of them had been erased, including the creature that I played on.  Plus, the game acted like it was my first time playing, because I couldn't create adventures, or go straight to the tribal, creature, or space stage.  It said they were all locked.  Although all of my progress was destroyed, I still have my creations in sporepedia...including the creature I created and resumed on yesterday.  I'm really disappointed, and I hope that there is something that I can do about it...

Message 1 of 13 (12,859 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

Hi @CandyCornCC 

Make sure you are using the right path Spore folder Spore" located in:

...\AppData\Roaming\SPORE

The most important data is in the main folder "Games"

There are two "saves" Game0 and Game0.old folders (they are your home planet)

Keep an eye to " Pollination.package ", because there all your (downloaded) creations and Sporepedia are located.

Backup the entire Spore folder and drag it to the desktop Launch the game again.

The main folder should recreate again.

Move each individual file from the Spore desktop folder to the new Spore folder in AppData path.

Please do not take (copy) the entire folder and replace it.

Hope you understand what i mean?

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (11,489 Views)

All Replies

Hi @Cyan_Cipher 

Make sure that you have disable the cloud in Origin.
If they have activated, there are the saved games.
Spore is an older game. It does not find the saved games at the launch. Games that are newer are compatible with the Origin cloud

Spore files are located
AppData \ Roaming \ Spore \ Games

Take a look if they are still there

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

———-
Message 2 of 13 (12,819 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, I found the games.  I found two folders, Game0, and Game0.old.  I can't really use origin, so what should I do?  Sorry if I seem stupid for asking...

Message 3 of 13 (12,799 Views)

@Cyan_Cipher 

Ok, if you do not use Origin everything is fine. Do you have a backup of your PC, where Spore already had Spore installed?

Recovery these two files from an older backup. If you have none backup, unfortunately your data is lost  

Therefore always make a backup of these two files inside the folder.

———-
Message 4 of 13 (12,769 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I am having the same problem that the person you were helping has, however i found the worlds in the folders, but do not appear on the spore game, so my question is how do I launch the world since it wont show up in Spore.

Message 5 of 13 (11,514 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi @CandyCornCC 

Make sure you are using the right path Spore folder Spore" located in:

...\AppData\Roaming\SPORE

The most important data is in the main folder "Games"

There are two "saves" Game0 and Game0.old folders (they are your home planet)

Keep an eye to " Pollination.package ", because there all your (downloaded) creations and Sporepedia are located.

Backup the entire Spore folder and drag it to the desktop Launch the game again.

The main folder should recreate again.

Move each individual file from the Spore desktop folder to the new Spore folder in AppData path.

Please do not take (copy) the entire folder and replace it.

Hope you understand what i mean?

———-
Message 6 of 13 (11,490 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thank you, it works fine now after I did what you said

Message 7 of 13 (11,467 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Freggi-Liz Hi! I only have Game0.old. In my spore loading up, it shows all creatures and creations on the sporepedia but sadly no world.. How can I get this back? Is it even possible?
Message 8 of 13 (10,034 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

can I ask something/

" The main folder should recreate again " what do  you mean??

pls answer me I don't understand ;w;

Message 9 of 13 (9,082 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeahh.. this is way too complicated of a process just to be able to play SPORE. How are little kids supposed to figure this out ? Hopefully there is a better alternative or possibly the people in charge of the game can simply fix the process so data doesn't just auto delete itself. I understand SPORE is old. But that doesn't mean they can't fix these issues or offer simple alternatives. All these wacky steps for a purchased game .

Message 10 of 13 (8,639 Views)