Spore (Origin) wont start on Mac Sierra

by cragmann

Original Post

Spore (Origin) wont start on Mac Sierra

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have a 2016 Macbook Pro and am trying to run SPORE. I've combed the forums and am still struggling.

I have changed the buffer value and still receive this message:

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 4.42.16 pm.png

I have tried to run with Cider from these files:Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 4.43.31 pm.png

Only to receive these two errors and a black screen in between them:Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 4.43.01 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 4.43.01 pm.png

Am I missing something? Please help.

Message 1 of 12 (7,295 Views)

Re: Spore (Origin) wont start on Mac Sierra

@cragmann Hi

Make sure the Origin is disabled in the game, see under settings in Origin.

Start the game in window mode by pressing cmd and return at the same time.

If everything does not help, Spore have to be uninstalled, also the hidden files under ~ / Library / Preferences / there the transgaming file delete them.

Shutdown your machine restart again,  install spore , don't patch it.. Open the game first and restart it, afterwards patch it.

If everything does not works, please share your mac specification, not the serial number.

Thanks

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 12 (7,274 Views)

★★ Novice

Do you have a fix for the 1004 and 2000 errors?

Message 3 of 12 (7,266 Views)

★★ Novice

Also, when I install through origin, I am never prompted to install any patches...

Message 4 of 12 (7,262 Views)

[ Edited ]

AGAIN

I need a detailed mac spec from your machine, otherwise I cannot help. 

Or move the folder Spore on your desktop and start the game 

Users\[YourUserName]\Library\Preferences\SPORE Preferences\p_drive\User\Application Data\Spore\

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.

Message 5 of 12 (7,245 Views)

★★ Novice

Are these detailed enough specs?

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 9.47.59 am.png

Message 6 of 12 (7,232 Views)

@cragmann wrote:

Are these detailed enough specs?

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 9.47.59 am.png

Yes that´s enough and thank you. 😉 This problem should normally be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling of Spore. Remember,delete the hidden files under Preferences from Spore. I cannot tell you 100% , which Spore runs on the newer Mac models. Due to the new processors etc, it can lead to problems. Actually, this error only appears on Windows system, so I am somewhat surprised. Perhaps it has also to do with that your machine has a bootcamp at the same time that the game tries to access. You can try to play it over bootcamp.

Or you try it out the tips  Change the backbuffer

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/I-am-not-able-to-play-spore-on-my-mac-book-pro-it-won-t-load/m-p/5325...

And this are some guides of my private mac gaming side with spore

Guide 1

Check all Origin settings

Hope this will help you

Cheers

Liz

Message 7 of 12 (7,220 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i need some help pls. running the same macbook but from 2017 instead of 2016.  I wanted to look at your private mac gaming with spore but it requires a password. could you help me please?

Message 8 of 12 (5,710 Views)

Hi @tomba1610

I'm sorry to hear, I´ve fixed - you should now have access as a guest on the topic.

It may be that there are more problems under the 2017 because of the app compatibility under High Sierra.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208436

Did you try the described steps and launch the game with one of a Cider exce

/Liz

Message 9 of 12 (5,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi so I am having a very difficult time trying to get spore to work, I had the same problem as the first guy. the error codes 1004 and 2000. I deleted all hidden files and redownloaded everything and It still doesn't seem to work. any input?

Message 10 of 12 (4,213 Views)