Re: Spore: Left Click isn't working on start up

by mason5mith

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore: Left Click isn't working on start up

★★ Novice

Ok so I recently bought Spore on Origins for my Mac and started it up, when I got to the start up screen with the Galaxy and the little planets you can choose from, I tried clicking on a planet to play on but it doesn't do anything, it doesn't even show a preview of the planet. The only thing I can do is spin the galaxy around and press esc but even then I can't log out of the game because the left click doesn't work, I really wanted to play this game but all I did was waste 20 dollars...if anyone knows a solution please tell me.

Message 1 of 15 (12,903 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: Spore: Left Click isn't working on start up

@sharonmarilyn wrote:

@Freggi-Liz Ok, something curious just happened. 10 minutes after I wrote the reply, I tried starting up the game once again. All of a sudden the click-function, including my keyboard worked! But now I have trouble AGAIN with the click-functions and the keyboard. Now I found out that the functions all still DO work, but the click-options, for example to submit, is not located ON the box, but right under it. As if my computer/the game is not calibrated.. I do not yet have a solution. Does this occur often on mac computers with this game?

No does not happen often and normally it works perfectly. Try and using Return at same time and switch to window mode. Then go under Settings in Spore and change the screen size

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-

View in thread

Message 5 of 15 (15,643 Views)

All Replies

@TITAN510 Hi,

We have some solutions here, please jump into the sticky post

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/m-p/4802582#M5969

~Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

———-
Message 2 of 15 (12,853 Views)

★★ Novice

@Freggi-Liz Hi,

I have a similar problem. I have a Macbook pro, running Sierra. I just downloaded Spore via Origin. So far, the game launches without any problems, but when it shows the start-up screen, my left-mouse-click doesn't work, and neither does my keyboard. I've jumped into the sticky notes you have send, but I cannot seem to find the solution. Do you perhaps know which specific link on your list could be the solution to this problem? 

- Sharon 

Message 3 of 15 (12,831 Views)

★★ Novice

@Freggi-Liz Ok, something curious just happened. 10 minutes after I wrote the reply, I tried starting up the game once again. All of a sudden the click-function, including my keyboard worked! But now I have trouble AGAIN with the click-functions and the keyboard. Now I found out that the functions all still DO work, but the click-options, for example to submit, is not located ON the box, but right under it. As if my computer/the game is not calibrated.. I do not yet have a solution. Does this occur often on mac computers with this game?

Message 4 of 15 (12,828 Views)

@sharonmarilyn wrote:

No does not happen often and normally it works perfectly. Try and using Return at same time and switch to window mode. Then go under Settings in Spore and change the screen size

———-
Message 5 of 15 (15,644 Views)

★★ Novice

@Freggi-Liz I just tried your method and it works perfectly now! thank you so much for your help (:

Message 6 of 15 (14,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

for me i cant [Do not post in all CAPS. There is no need to SHOUT - CM] Frown i wanted the game for many years but thanks EA you crushed my money

Message 7 of 15 (12,765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Freggi-LizThis worked perfectly for me - many thanks!!
JF

Message 8 of 15 (12,139 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have found a solution, it is that you press command for Mac and enter to make the screen smaller for spore and it will then allow you to type and click like normal . P.s. Im hurt that my favorite game can’t be played normally.
Message 9 of 15 (11,582 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mmm

Message 10 of 15 (11,507 Views)