Spore Keeps Crashing

by theironchxnk

Original Post

Spore Keeps Crashing

★★ Newbie

Hi, I have tried contacting both Steam and EA support to solve this problem, I have been playing Spore for only two hours and an extra twenty minutes, and I can not longer return the game, funny enough. Right after discovering a game breaking thing. Constantly the game "has stopped working" and it has nothing to do with lag spikes frame rate, it happenes more in Tribal Stage than in Space Stage. For one, I have a world which is stuck on Tribal Stage and it has gotten to the point where the second I load the world it is almost instantly stopped and the game crashes saying spore "has stopped working" and "windows is searching for a solution". I tried making a new world (mulitple times) and the same thing happens, except upon the third time, it was the creature stage that was having this problem, it would never be civilization stage or space stage for some reason. But in all, this disrupts my gameplay heavily and I have scoured the internet for answers and came up empty handed. I have came upon other Spore Forums of people saying uninstall the game and reinstall it but what would that do? or even play at low graphics but it has nothing to do with fps, my game runs fine on high but just crashes? and even a funnier thing, was to not download it to my hard drive and elsewhere! ha. Excuse my spelling, I would greatly appreciate an answer or some fix. Thank you so much

Message 1 of 2 (14,193 Views)

Re: Spore Keeps Crashing

Hi @theironchxnk

Probably the graphic cache is overflowed in the game.

You must manually delete this file by hand. Navigate to this topic, where you will find the instructions how to delete the "Graphic Cache" in Spore.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-2015-2016/m-p/4802582#U4802582

Expand the cache in the game, under "Settings"

~Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 2 (14,181 Views)