Spore Duplicates every creation I have every time i start the game

by DarkJamanix

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore Duplicates every creation I have every time i start the game

★ Apprentice

I started a new Civilization Stage game and tried to exit to main menu like 3 minutes after I started but then the game crashed. So I opened Spore again and it said it didnt save the game, which I didnt really care about. However when I went into the sporepedia i saw it was duplicating all my buddies creations. Then it started duplicating mine.

I had 400 creations and now I have freaking 3,900. I have like 8 copies of everything i shared. I checked my game files and there are new duplicates in there.

This bug has only ever been reported twice before that i could find on the internet, and the only reply was "reinstall game".

Well i reinstalled it twice and its still doing it. I had to unsubscribe from my sporecasts, unsubscribe from my buddies, and it still duplicates my creations.

Somebody help me please

Message 1 of 6 (592 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: Spore Duplicates every creation I have every time i start the game

★ Apprentice

Yep so i fixed the problem by just deleting my sporepedia cache and it has been working fine for the past 2 days. Problem solved i suppose...

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (541 Views)

All Replies

Hello,

Have you checked your spore directories? Make sure that all folders are in the correct directories (that there are no duplicate folders or missing folders).

If this not the case , uninstall and reinstall Spore again

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 6 (572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hey i just need some clarification, any specific folders that i should be paying attention to?

My Spore Creations? 

(If its My Spore Creations, thats always been outside the spore folders and it still updates when i make a new creation, no duplicates in it)

Is it the graphics cache?

I want to point out that my Spore Directory is in Appdata/roaming/Spore

But origin also has spore folders in Origin Games/Spore & Origin Games/Spore Galactic Adventures

Message 3 of 6 (565 Views)

Nope is not the graphics cache, but you can delete it

I mean the spore folder under your documents > My Documents > My Spore Creation Folders

My Spore Creations'  > and this is the whole  subdirectory

Animated avatar
Screenshots
Buildings
City Music
Cell
Adventure
Vehicle
Movie
Planets
UFO
Creature

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/82937.page

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.

Message 4 of 6 (550 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yep so i fixed the problem by just deleting my sporepedia cache and it has been working fine for the past 2 days. Problem solved i suppose...

Message 5 of 6 (542 Views)

That sounds very fine and thank you for the response 👍

Message 6 of 6 (530 Views)